Chapter 7// Rivals Again Part 1

"I can't believe I got a detention, and even worse." I look to Natsu snoring like a bear on the infirmary bed, "I'm stuck here with this idiot..." I grumble to myself before looking away sighing, "My second detention." I hear a crinkling of sheets and turn back to look at him to see him rolling around as if he's having a nightmare. Honestly, he's lucky he wasn't petrified for longer. I stare at him for a while, watching him roll around, his pink bangs covering his eyes. He's actually kinda cute. Wait what? Uh; this is making me uncomfortable, I should leave. I force my gaze away and leave the room, closing the door behind me before letting out a small sigh and a slight chuckle. Okay, yeah I might be going out with Sting but that idiot has got the looks. I grin and lean against the door, moving my fringe from my eyes. The corridor is as quiet as a library, although now-a-days they tend to be pretty crowded; so maybe not the best example. I continue to stand in thought for a couple more minutes before turning back to the door to go back in, but I'm stopped by the sound of Sting's voice not so far away. I stop what I'm doing and look around until my eyes land on Sting, walking down the brightly lit corridor towards me, but, why is he here? Isn't it fourth lesson? "Lucy?" He asks, stopping across from me, giving a curious look. I cross my arms, slightly defensive before answering with another question, "Yes Sting?" He stands slightly taken aback by my tone of voice, asking concernedly, "Lucy, are you okay? Why are you outside the infirmary?" Okay maybe that tone was uncalled for, but he kissed Yukino! I continue to stand defensively as I answer, "I'm here with someone." Sting looks surprised for a minute before probing further, "Who?" I look back to the door uncertainly. Should I tell him? I bite my lip and turn back to him, changing the subject, "Doesn't matter, why are you here?" One eyebrow raises skyward as though he's asking me what I'm doing. However, I refuse to let up and stand waiting for my answer.  We're quiet for a moment until he sighs and puts his hands into his pockets and replies, "I was skipping class okay? You happy now." I smirk cockily, what a rebel. "You still haven't answered my question. Who are you in the infirmary with?" He looks like he's all business now, looking me dead in the eye, causing me to squirm uncomfortably under his gaze. I stand quiet for a minute until I give in, replying feebly, "Natsu..." I look down ashamedly. Hey, but why am I ashamed for hanging around Natsu when he kissed Yukino? My teeth grate together painfully as I look up determinedly, it may be time to confront the cheater. Although I'm shocked when I look up, his eyes hold a dangerous anger, woah is he okay? I open my mouth to ask whether he's good but I clamp it shut as he steps forward, gripping my upper arms as he asks forcedly, "Why are you with that idiot? You need to leave him alone." His sudden aggression freezes me up. What the hell!? I panic as I try and struggle out of his grip, but the more I struggle the tighter he grabs. I stumble back towards the door and whimper, "S-Sting! Get off me!" He looks angry but at seeing my panic he let's go and registers my fear, stepping forward to apologise. I step out of the way and grip the infirmary door behind me, struggling to get it open. "Lucy!" He calls, looking panicked, "No, I'm sorry!" He exclaims loudly, his eyes shining with regret. No Sting, not this time. I open the door behind me, shaking my head as I retreat through it, he tries to follow me in but I shut it firmly, swiftly turning the lock behind me. I let out a long relieved sigh as I wait for his footsteps to go by. Oh my god... What was that? I turn around, feeling as though my heads going to explode, only to find the stupid pinkette Natsu sitting up in bed, I run a hand through my hair as he gives me a look of confusion mixed with bemuse. I look at him tiredly, taking a seat on the chair beside his bed as his eyebrows raise skyward. "Boyfriend problems?" I bite my lower lip replying, "You don't know the half of it."

              _oOo_

*At Break*

"Eek!" Levy squeaks as the wind blows her dress up once again. She hurries to cover herself as we take our seat on the windy roof of the school. We sit right up against the railing and slot our legs through, letting them dangle off the exterior. "I really shouldn't have worn a dress today." Levy sighs as she pats the skirt down, recovering from her moment of embarrassment. I turn to her, my smirk already plastered on my face as I tease, "Well I know why you decided to wear a dress." She blushes crimson at my remark and retorts vehemently, "I didn't wear a dress to impress Gajeel! Shush Lu-Chan!" She begins hitting me lightly as I laugh mercilessly, replying almost patronisingly, "I didn't say Gajeel." Which makes her stop hitting me instantly, her embarrassment turning her silent. She then turns back to the railing in front of us and pulls out a sandwich from her packed-lunch, starting to eat it with a grumpy expression. I recover from my bout of giggles, stating simply, "Honestly, if you weren't always occupied with your books you'd be staring at Gajeel as much as Juvia stares at Gray." Levy blushes brilliantly again, muttering back, "Juvia doesn't just stare at Gray, she stalks him." I smile slightly as she swats her hands suggesting, "How's about we stop talking about this and start talking about you and Natsu, eh?" Her eyebrows lift skyward suggestively, but I turn away from her. I don't want to talk about Natsu, "There's nothing to talk about. I'm still with Sting so why does it matter?" I speak more to the open space on my right than to her, refusing to meet her eyes. Seeing my reluctance she sighs, indicating that we don't have to talk about it, to which I sigh in relief, turning back to the railing and starting to eat my packed-lunch. There's a couple of moments of tense silence before she apologises, lifting at least some of the heavy weight. We continue to eat our lunches until the silence is broken by a ruckus coming from below in the courtyard. I turn to Levy, my eyebrows raised in confusion, they must be arguing pretty loud if we can hear them from up here. We lean forward and peer through the railing to try and get a better look. Ugh, I can't see a thing. I squint and look to my side to see Levy doing the same thing. She then sighs, "I can't see a thing." I squish my face closer to the railing but all I can make out is a blur of pink and blonde. Surely, it can't be Natsu and Sting right? Levy lets out a frustrated noise from beside me muttering, "That's it." She then stands up and brushes off her dress skirt, stands in a readying stance and shouts, "SOLID SCRIPT TELESCOPE" Almost instantly bold words spelling out 'Telescope' appear mid air, they quickly turn toward Levy and I allowing us to peek through the telescopic 'o'. I clap at her spell casting and she blushes slightly bowing towards me jokingly. We then stare through the telescope and get a clear view of the ground. Hey, I was right! It is Natsu and Sting. But why do they look so angry?

_oOo_

Natsu's POV

"Natsu!" I stop my steps near the front gates of campus at the sound of my name being called. I turn to find its Sting Eucliffe. Dammit, and I was doing so well. "Been avoiding me, eh?" He asks, catching up to me and standing opposite me almost like we're facing off. I shrug, "So what if I have been?" He smirks and scrapes his foot across the floor lazily replying, "It's just that I thought we could talk. You know, about the past." I cross my arms and grunt, "I don't want to talk about it." There's a moment of silence and you hear the wind sweep through the courtyard. We're alone out here, perfect place for a confrontation. I hear Sting laugh. "You're not still holding that grudge are you, Nat?"

"Don't call me that." I snap in retort. No body's called me that since Lisanna... He laughs again, but louder announcing, "You are! Huh, I take it that means you're keeping to the promise you made?" I glare at him angrily. Oh he better watch out because I will pay him back for what he did to me. I smirk devilishly before heading for the dorms, throwing back to him. "You'll have to wait and see won't you?"

_oOo_

Heyo my Berries!

Do you see what's going on? If not you'll find out! I'm bringing more drama in part two so be prepared!

I'm sorry for the massive gap before the update but hey, it's here :]

As always, thank you for reading. I love you all more than I love Final Fantasy <3

~ Kacie c: