Chapter 5// Baka

*The Next Day*

My alarm clock shakes loudly, making me roll over in surprise. I fall in a tangle of pink covers and groan loudly, I hate Tuesdays. I pull myself up and begin getting ready for the day, I sigh. I can't stop thinking about what Levy said yesterday, Sting and Yukino kissed? I mean, of course I believe Lev, she's my best friend! I just don't know how to act about Sting. I know he had a reputation for cheating in Sabertooth High, but that was, what? Last year, plus he's been with me for a while now, and if he was going to leave me for Yukino he'd of done it already... or he'd do it around about this time... AH! I need to stop thinking about this and just see how he acts! I quickly pull a brush through my blonde hair and put it into two low pigtails. Ugh, I still have my detention today too, it got postponed from yesterday to today because of some teacher conference, I guess that's okay. At least it means I have an excuse to avoid Sting, I mean I want to ask about him and Yukino, but because he's being a bit distant with me I'm scared that next he sees me the relationship will be over... Levy says it's going to happen at some point down the line, but even though he's been cheating, I'll miss him if the relationship ends. Ugh, this is confusing, why did it have to happen? I sigh and get dressed.

"Lucy!" I hear my mother's shout from downstairs and head down. I walk to the kitchen and see mother setting down a plate of pancakes, she turns to me and offers a quick smile before grabbing a black bag. She's wearing a black blazer, white shirt and a black pencil skirt matched with black pumps, I give her a confused look before asking, "Where are you going?" I take a seat in front of the pancakes she placed down as she answers hastily, "Just to the town hall, I've got to sort out some things." I frown as she rushes around the kitchen, grabbing her keys before she starts styling her hair in a quick yet elegant look. "What things?" I ask as I put some sugar on my pancakes. She walks to the doorway leading into the hall before sighing, "Why must you ask so many questions, Lucy?" She walks to me and kisses my head fondly before saying, "You'll find out soon enough, I love you." She then rushes off before I can say another word. I sit still, dumbfounded for a moment before starting to eat my pancakes. Well that was weird...

I miscalculated how long it would take to eat my pancakes, I thought i'd arrive a bit later than normal to avoid Sting, but I'm so late now that everyone will already be in homeroom. I told Levy i'd meet her in class so I don't worry about that much as I walk into the school. I look around and see the halls are pretty much desolate except for a couple of first years who are late, I catch sight of Wendy and Romeo but they head off to homeroom before I can say good morning. I should probably just go straight to homeroom, I turn to walk there and bump into a solid chest. "WA!" I exclaim loudly in surprise, as the person I bumped into chuckles slightly. I look up and begin to apologise before I see who it is, of course, it's Natsu. He's laughing at my surprised expression as I suddenly turn embarrassed, I ask loudly, "Shut up! Why are you this late anyway!?" He stops laughing and smirks, turning my own words on me, "How come you're this late?" I scowl, clearly annoyed and hiss back, "None of your business, Dragneel. Come on let's just go to homeroom." I turn on my heels before I can hear his reply and start fast walking to homeroom, he catches up and starts striding beside me before asking jokingly, "Dragneel? So we've got nicknames for each other now, Luce?" I scoff and look away from him, keeping my eyes focused on the sign above the homeroom door just down the hall as I reply, "No we haven't. Nicknames would imply we're friends, which we're not." I continue facing forward although still catch his hurt face in my peripherals, wow, he's actually torn up about this? I look his way as I sigh, "Are you actually that upset?" He looks at my face and grins widely before exclaiming, "AHA! I knew we were friends, you're concerned about me!" I feel my face heat up slightly and look away angrily before grumbling, "No, shut up..." I glance over quickly before we walk into homeroom and catch him smiling stupidly. Hmph, baka.
I turn away from him and open the door, I'm a bit surprised to find the room vacant. "Hey, where is everyone?" Natsu asks dumbly from behind me, he's so close that he's almost resting his head on my shoulder. I jump back in surprised shouting, "Hey! Personal space!" He looks at me confused for a second before smirking, "oh can it Luce, you probably loved me being that close." I feel my face heat up in embarrassment as I retort, "Shut up, Baka! I have a boyfriend!" For now anyway...
Natsu continues to smirk as he turns to leave the room, what, where the hell is he going? "Hey! Where are you going?" I ask, my face slightly flushed as I chase after him, despite him just leaving he'd made it a ways away from me. He turns to me answering, "Well, I'm off to check at the Receptionist's desk to see where our class has gone." My mouth drops into a silent 'oh' as if to confirm I heard him, he's actually not as dumb as he first seems.

We make it to the Reception without incident, it was a bit weird to see school so empty, I wonder what could be going on. I turn to the desk and see Max and wave, he prefers we call him Mr. Alors but we never listen, he could never be a Mr to us. He waves back and smiles up to us from his camera lacrima greeting, "Hello, Lucy, Natsu. What can I help you with?" He runs a hand through his sandy brown hair easily as he looks up at us from his comfortable looking desk chair, Natsu grins back and says everything for us, "Well, we were wondering what happened to our class. We were a bit late but Homeroom should still be in session, but when we got there no one was there." Natsu looks a bit anxious as he ends the explanation, I can imagine that I look pretty concerned too. Max, however, looks unfazed and answers smoothly, "Yeah, they'll be at the assembly. Just head down to the hall, I'll mark you both in." I feel myself relax at the mention that it's okay, I see Natsu let out a small sigh of relief too as we both smile, I thank him before we head off to the hall.

*Levy's POV*

I bite my lip as I squirm, slightly uncomfortable in my red seat, the chairs in here are irritable on your legs anyway. But a question, how did I end up next to Gajeel? And where is Lucy?? I look up shyly at Gajeel beside me, he has his arms crossed as he stares steadily in front at Headmaster Makarof. He seems ignorant to my little glances his way every two seconds or so, but again: Where the hell is Lucy? I look around nervously for about the 100th time and jump a bit as Gajeel turns to me and asks in a whisper, "Stop fidgeting would ya? What's wrong, Shrimp?" I look up at him, feeling my face heat up for a second as I reply, "N-nothing, just looking for Lucy is all." He looks tired as he sighs and says, "I'm sure she'll turn up soon, just listen to what the old man has to say, it has to be important if it's going through two lessons." I take one more glance behind me before looking up to him and sighing in defeat and replying, "Alright." He grins slightly, I hear a small 'gihi' before he looks back to Headmaster Makarof. I just hope he's right, she can't be skipping school because of that no good Sting...
I sigh and turn my attention back to Headmaster Makarof, I don't really know why we're all here to be honest, when I was waiting for Lucy before; everybody in school got a message from Warren to head to the hall for an important announcement that would go through two lessons. Well as soon as I'm here I may as well listen. He seems to have finally stopped scolding the destructive students and is addressing the business we've all been called here for.
"Alright brats, thank you all for coming- The headmaster cuts himself off as a pinkette closely followed by a blonde girl rush in. The pinkette who turns out to be Natsu is rushing to a seat whereas the blonde who is- Lucy!? I'll talk to her later...
Is running after him, scolding, "Natsu! You can't disrupt like this!!" He takes a seat and she stands with her hands on her hips, obviously glaring as he shrugs simply, "Already did" and drags her into an empty seat beside him. She tsks and gets comfortable in her seat as they both look up at Headmaster Makarof. He's been scarily quiet since they barged in, he looked disapproving for a moment and then says sterdily, "I'll talk to you both after this." Giving them both hard looks before he turned to the rest of the hall. No one dared say anything as he started his speech, probably because it was quite surprising what he had announced. "Alright you brats! Welcome to Fairy Tail High, the newest Boarding School in Magnolia!" 

                 _oOo_
Heyo my Berries!

Yeah, I didn't mean to upload this yet, but I really wanted to. I'm still writing more drama and I'm sort of occupied with my schoolwork atm but I'll try and upload as often as possible.

Okay, please comment, vote and follow! I love you all more than I love Lasagna <3

~ Kip c: