Chapter 6// New Neighbours

•Levy's POV•

"This is all so- Lucy speaks but I cut in with, "Exciting!" I smile widely as I swing my orange duffel bag around in glee. "No, I was going to say sudden." Lucy corrects me while holding her own pink duffel with both hands, she looks a bit anxious at the idea of staying on school grounds, but that's probably because the dorms we're staying in aren't just for girls, but also for boys. Master Makarof explained that all the dorms are unisex and shared for each year group as The Magic School Council wouldn't allow the school anymore Campus space due to some unpaid damage fairs. The boys rooms are across from each girls room, four people in each. We were given pieces of paper and keys that had our room number on, so far me and Lucy know we're sharing room #208, but we don't know who our two other roommates are.
We were also given scanned cards that allow us into the dorm building as a room key AND a dorm key is too fiddly. So as we approach the dorm door I pull out my card with finesse and swipe it across the scanner beside the door, grinning as I push the door open. I hold it for Lucy to walk in and follow behind her happily.
"Why are you so happy about this?" She asks curiously, she knows that life with my dad wasn't great, but I guess I still haven't told her the whole story... Maybe another time. I smile brightly to her as my face starts to fall, brushing off my sadness and lying, "New experiences! Got to love those!" She gives me an antsy look and I hear a small, "Okay..." As we reach room #208. We're slightly surprised as all the dorm room doors are wide open, students of both sexes shuffling in and out, making the rooms their own.

We make our way through easily enough, if not for the rare, 'Watch it!' Either way, we manage to find our room. We stop at the shiny red door with the brass numbers of 208 standing out against the dull grey brick walls around it's confined space. It's propped open with a large blue trunk that's wide open and, upon closer inspection appears to have a faded name on the top. Lucy peeks in as I poke my head in beside her. The room is standard size, not too big but not too small either, the walls are a deep magnolia and the floor a light pine, I can tell because the room smells strongly of it. On either side of the room are twin bunk beds with plain mattresses and pillows. At the end of the beds stand pine dressers with coloured blankets piled on top, and - hey! There's my blanket. We continue to look around and catch a glance at two figures, one which was unmistakably Juvia Lockser, and the other we could only see from behind as having long red hair, so distinctive. Lucy then enters first, stepping over the suitcase and going straight for Juvia. I go in behind her and nearly topple over the open case but regain my balance before falling into the red haired girl. However, I still let out a loud yelp making the girl turn around, she gives me a worried look, and recognising me straight away asks, "Levy are you okay?" I sigh in relief at seeing it's Erza and not someone I don't know. I smile in thanks and stand straight again, replying, "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you our roommate?" She smiles back and opens her mouth to say something but is cut off by a familiar Bluenette's voice shouting, "JUVIA WON'T LET LOVE RIVAL ANYWHERE NEAR HER GRAY-SAMA!" We both turn in shock to see Lucy and Juvia sat on the top bunk of the right side twin bed, wrestling over what seemed to be a Gray poster. "I DON'T WANT GRAY, AND I ESPECIALLY DON'T WANT HIM ON THE WALL!" Lucy shouts in defence, almost ripping the poster in two. Erza and I guffaw at the sight and laugh at their struggle, we almost fall over in fits when Lucy jumps on Juvia like it's a pile on. Once we recover we look to each other and back to the bed, nodding before climbing onto the bunk and squishing Juvia and Lucy under us yelling, "PILE ON!"
Juvia yelps in surprise and manages to squeak out from beneath us, "JUVIA DOESN'T ENJOY PILE ON! GRAY-SAMA HELP!" We stay there for a couple of minutes, long enough for Juvia to go quiet and struggle to let out a muffled, "Juvia... Can't... Breathe..." We all quickly clamber off of her then, letting her take in a massive gulp of air as she surfaces from the bottom of the pile. She looks at us seriously then and asks, "But why can't Juvia have Gray-Sama on the wall?" She tilted her head in confusion as Lucy and I looked to Erza who seemed as though she was going to let her have her way. Juvia gave Erza a pleading look making her almost give in and open her mouth, but before she can say anything Lucy and I cut her off with a loud, "NO WAY." Juvia's face falls and she scrunches her hands in her blankets before wailing, we all climb down from the bunk, leaving her to sulk into her blue duvet soaking it with tears. After that most of our time was spent customising the room to our tastes, although there was a bit of a squabble between where Juvia would keep her Gray-Sama merch and where Erza would keep her armour displays. Juvia got her way in the end because we'd all much prefer Gray to be locked in a cupboard than on our wall. Sure, the shrine was creepy but at least it wasn't making up our room; as a display anyway.
It was decided that Juvia and Lucy would be staying on the right side, Lucy on the bottom and Juvia on the top, and Erza and I would be on the left side, me on the bottom and Erza on the top.
We were about an hour into our settling in, Lucy rummaging through clothes, Erza cleaning armour plates, Juvia praying and I beginning to read when we heard a lot of noise coming from across the hall, Juvia had moved her suitcase so the door was closed and so we couldn't see our noisy neighbors.
We turn to each other in confusion, except Erza, her face slowly turns red as she clenches her fists and lets burst, "HOW RUDE! Let me give them a piece of my mind!"