This Was the Very First Page

Karlie's POV

Circa 2005

"Come on Karlie, it'll be fun!" Karlie's mom stands in her bedroom door as she sits up on her bed.

"Mom, seriously? Nashville? Of all places we could go for Spring Break, we have to go to Nashville?"

"What's your deal with Nashville, Karlie? Sure, it's not the Hamptons, but there's plenty we could do!"

"Like what, have a bunch of hicks breathe their moonshine breath down our necks as we try to walk down the sidewalk? No thank you," Karlie can't believe she's going to have to go through with this.

"I will have no use of the work hick in this house, young lady. It won't be as bad as you think, I promise," with that, Karlie's mom shuts the door and walks down stairs.

"UGH!" Karlie drops back down to lay out on her bed. She wanted to spend Spring Break with all of her other friends in Miami, but her parents had felt that she wasn't going to be safe; therefore, she was made to stay home. "It's going to be a long week," she thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Days Later

"Guy wake up, we're here!" Karlie's dad shouted from the driver's seat. Karlie and her sister Kristine both jumped from the sudden interjection. Karlie was currently wishing she could have been like Kimby and Kariann and stayed home, but her parents refused. "I'm going to go and check in, you guys can start getting the bags."

Karlie and Kristine stepped into their room and immediately dropped their bags. Kristine headed straight for the room service menu, while Karlie plopped down on her bed. Just as Kristine was about to order a meal fit for an army, their mother knocked on the door.

They were staying close to downtown, a suggestion made by her mother. "Come on girls, let's get going, we have reservations to make!" her mother said.

"Reservations?!?" Karlie and Kristine asked at the same time.

"Yeah, your father and I got us all into the Bluebird Cafe," her mother seemed more than pleased with herself.

"Could be fun," Kristine shrugged at Karlie.

"I guess," Karlie still wasn't amused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all seated at their table at the Bluebird, and Karlie was still having trouble finding the fun her mother said there would be. "See? This is nice," her mom was still trying. "Yeah, everyone seems happy and the talent is pretty good," Kristine was actually enjoying the time away from home.

"Next up we have a regular here at the Bluebird, everyone please welcome miss Taylor Swift," Karlie turned her head toward the stage. She was met with an eager looking blonde that had eyes bluer than the Carribean Sea. "Wow" Karlie mumbled under her breath. "Hi ya'll,I'm Taylor, it's great to be back tonight. I have some new songs that I thought I would play for you," she was working the stage really well, and she seemed to be completely relaxed on stage, unlike most others that had been up previously. "This is a song I wrote called A Place in this World," she beamed.

Taylor started strumming her guitar and started in on the first verse. Karlie had never paid more attention to anything in her life. From her vocals to her attitude, Taylor seemed perfect. She was pretty, talented, and confident. Everything Karlie could want. "Wait" Karlie thought. "I can't be attracted to her, can I?" Karlie had never considered the fact that she could like girls. "Maybe I could get used to this," Karlie didn't worry about these feelings too much; she didn't think they were a big deal.