Mated to Death

A/N: I'm bored today, so I'm uploading chapter after chapter. Three in one day! Yay! This story is a fun one to write so I'll probably write a lot of chapters for this book.

Tell me how you like it.

Word of the Day: mother

PICTURE OF LUKE TO THE SIDE------------->>>>>>>>

..............................................................................................................

Recap:

“So El, I just want to say I told you so.

“What? Where am I? Who are y- wait a second. Death? Why am I here with you? You said you weren't going to bother me anymore. Well, you’re bothering me!”

Death laughed. “Calm down. Calm down.”

I huffed. "Why am I he-" Before I could finish my question all of the memories from what just happened knocked into me like a brick wall. "Oh gosh. Where's Aiden? Oh."

"Don't worry, your little boy toy is fine. He's in the woods somewhere probably still unconscious."

"He's unconscious?! We have to go back! I have to help him!"

"Relax. He'll be fine. Trust me." Death said, putting his large beautiful hand over mine, calming me in an instant.

When I snapped back from my daze, I tore my hand from his. "Don't touch me and I don't trust you."

"Fine, but we're gonna be together for a while so you should get to know me." He took off his black hood, and under his spooky hoody was a beyond gorgeous teenage guy. His eyes were a bright almost unreal blue and his skin was a blemish-free cream color. I think I may have felt drool on my chin.

"So, to start off, my name's not Death; it's Luke."

"Ok."

"And.....I'm your mate."

...............................................................................................................................

ELIE'S POV

"But that's not possible. I would have felt the connection. I would have been able to sense that we are mates."

"No. The drug you were injected with blocks wolf abilities which means you weren't able to sense your mate. You still won't until it completely leaves your body."

"B-but.....in my dreams, you kept killing me."

"Yeah. Sorry about that, but that was the only way I could wake you up. If I didn't kill you in the dream, you would have been stuck in that realm forever. Understand?"

I nodded. "Deat-"

"Luke."

"Right.....Luke, you didn't have to hurt me the way you did. Even if it was only a dream. A true mate wouldn't hurt their other half."

"I thought if I stayed away from you, and if you stopped looking for your mate, I-I thought that our destiny wouldn't come true. I thought if I scared you into not wanting to search for your mate anymore, then you wouldn't find me and I believed if we never find each other, then our futures wouldn't be the way they are."

I understood what he meant. I could slightly feel how full of regret he was for hurting me. My heart felt weighed down as if I could feel what he felt. "How are our futures?"

He didn't answer my question.

"Luke?"

He snapped his head to face me.