Chapter 24: Fire

Firess's P.O.V
•••

The only light tonight was our burning cabin and all of our ammo, food, and clothing with it. A chill ran down my spine. My eyes shifted to Gage who Aria had let go and who could easily run off, but didn't seem like he was going to.

His dark hair covered one of his baby blue eyes, and the jacket he wore was a black zip up.

"Man. We're fucked." Aria whispered quietly and kicked at the ground. I let myself slowly crouch down until I was sitting on the hard ground of medium sized, soft grass.

"What else could possibly go wrong?" My eyes scanned Allyson's face, dirty with dirt and small drops of blood trickling from the side of her forehead. I paused my voice for a moment, giving another once around look.

"Rainy.." I whispered, not seeing her absolutely anywhere in my sight.

Aria stayed standing, her eyes fixated on Wagner's unbreathing body.

This is why I just wanted to be alone..

I took a small breath. "Cole. Austin. Jason. Cade... Where in the hell is Chandler? Probably fucking dead.. Wagner.. Rainy.. Or cabin for fuck's sake!" I clutched my hand into a fist and let out a groan. "And my virginity. All gone. And for what?" Gage's eyes moved from the fire raging cabin and to me as I spoke.

Aria nodded slowly, her body turning.

"Yea.. It's so stupid.." She whispered quietly. "Sometimes I wonder... If being dead is actually better in this world..."

My eyes quickly shifted to look at her as I put a hand on her shoulder.
"Aria.. There is no better in this world."

She nodded and my eyes jolted to the side as a small movement from Wagner's body was made. A hesitated, quiet breath left past Aria's lips.

"What was that?" She whispered to me, a small hint of fear glistening in her eyes.

I slowly started to stand, my hand reaching to my waist to pull the gun from my waistband. My eyes just stared at him though, rubbing my thimb against the cold, rough grip of the gun.

Aria's breathing hadn't slowed down at all. Small clouds of white vapor leaving her mouth and disappearing in seconds.

I held my hand out and placed it on her chest for a moment.

"I don't know.." I whispered, not exactly sure if it was Wagner's body or maybe the wind blew some of his clothing. It didn't matter though, my eyes stayed firm on him.

"Shoot him." Gage's voice growled.

"We're the ones with the gun." Aria's soft voice growled back.

I stayed silent, holding up my hand to shush the both of them. I pulled the gun out, my hand firmly around the handle and held it by my side, ready to hold it up.

A groan.

A jolt of his body.

A move of his head.

A shift of his arm to the side.

Wagner is dead...

He was slowly standing, only seven yards away from us. Aria kept her lips parted to breath with her mouth open.

My heart sunk quickly and I took a step back, seeing Wagner's pale blue eyes that were supposed to be the chocolate color of brown. His skin was paler than his eyes, veins lining his skin in every place you could see. Blood dripped away from his hands.

Aria's screech made my head turn to look at her, another stalker had latched onto her. But Wagner was creeping towards Allyson's unconscious body.

Time slowed.

It was like a video game.

I had to make a decision, but time was slowly running away from me, and it was to hard to catch. I could feel my own face becoming pale as the flames of the fire lit up the scene like fireworks. I couldn't hear anything anymore. I was going blank.

Aria was trying her hardest.

Allyson obviously couldn't do anything, she was unconscious. And then there's me. The one that was supposed to do something, but couldn't.

My eyes watched as red, blood, gushed. I turned my head, Gage holding up a gun.

Wagner was gone, and Aria was alive. My lip quivered as I felt the urge to scream I'm sorry or just hug someone. Gage's hand fell to his side, the gun in my own hand still up and ready, all I had to do was pull the trigger.

I started blinking and flickered into the real world again.

Aria's body was covered in blood from the stalker that had just been shot, and Allyson remain only dirty from the smudges of dirt that were across her fave when we found her. And Wagner. Poor. Poor. Poor Wagner was gone forever and he would never be seen alive again. I dropped my gun, not wanting to hold it any longer.

Gage started to walk forward toward me, tapping his gun impatiently against his thigh. He used his other hand to move some hair out of my face.

"Firess..." His voice was a whisper as he started to speak, him being behind me. "Pay attention." He let his gun fall back into his boot.

I took a large breath.

"All you had to do was pull the fucking trigger. And you couldn't do it. Not even to save them... Your best friends?" I turned my body, not expecting him to be that close, our breaths being shared.

I gulped and looked down at his chest, using my hands to shove him harshly before looking back to his face. He had stumbled, but caught himself swiftly. I shoved him again, shaking my head.

"No! No I couldn't do it!" I yelled loudly, and he quickly acted, putting a finger to his lips, as if that would shush me.

"I COULDN'T FUCKING DO IT!" I  screamed again. "I'm a fucking wimp! I deserve to die!" I pushed him again and again. "I almost let two of the people close to me, DIE! and I have no idea where another one is! No fucking clue!"

I let out a sob and balled my hands into fists and pounded them against his chest, but his hands grabbed my wrists before I could hit again. I let out another sob, tears streaming down my fave, dripping off my nose and off my chin.

Gage's hands still gripping my wrists as I started to lean again him, slipping down to the ground. He let my hands go as I sat there.

Aria was still laying in her place. I can only imagine what she was thinking.

•••
Aria's P.O.V
•••

My eyes stared up at the starless, moonless sky. My arms aches, my face and clothes covered in blood from the stalker. Ashes everywhere. My head was spinning and I was light headed. I felt like I was dying, but so alive at the same time. Like my heart stopped, but it was beating so fast. The sobs of Firess echoed through the air.

My forearm hurt like hell.

I sniffed quietly, lifting my head and looking at the body that was pressing against mine. Seemed to be an older woman.

I shook my head and my stomach started to churn. The fire flickering was able to show what I saw perfectly. I could see it so perfect I wasn't even sure it was an illusion or if it was real.

A small scratch.

A scratch that kill me in at least a day.

I am going to die.