Chapter 26: Earth

•••
Aria's P.O.V
•••

I sat on the ground, the helicopter having been on the ground for a whole now, but no one had left through the door to get out yet.

I let my eyes look down with a sigh to my wrist, running my thumb over it, over and over again.

Slice.

I pulled my hand away slowly and looked up at Firess who seemed to be inspecting me.

"What?" I asked quickly, tilting my head and letting my hands rest in my lap.

"Stop." She said sharply, glancing from my hands back up to my eyes.

•••
4 years ago.
Age 14.
Saturday.
11:56 P.M.
•••

My head leaned harshly against my bedroom wall, my hands shaky.

My heart was pounding quickly as I stared at myself in the mirror. It was like dark purple bags had permanently formed under my eyes and wouldn't go away.

A heavy sigh left past my parted lips, letting my flat chest deflate.

I closed my eyes slowly pulled my knees closer to my body as the yelling from my drunk father and small mother commenced once again. It'd been years since my older brother died, and he was never really the exact same after that.

He was always sad when he was sober, and he was always angry when he was drunk. I stayed in my room, the door locked most of the time to keep from noticing I was even in the house.

I was startled by a large bang at my door.

What did he throw?

He must've thrown something; Again the banging noise pounded against my fragile door.

He's knocking.

I crawled to the other side of the room, slowly reaching my hand up to turn the light off, leaving the room a pit of darkness; Other than the street lights far outside my window.

"Open this god damned door right now!" His voice was deep, but he was nearly screeching as he yelled his words. Who knows where my mom is now.

We lived in the penthouse of an apartment complex.

Sound was blocked out very well.

I draped my arms over my bed, my top half covered by the thin material of my sports bra. My bottom half covered with pajamas pants.

"I SAID OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!" He only kept yelling and screaming, my heart continuing to sink down into my stomach. I pulled myself up into my bed and leaned my head out of my open window.

I let out a long such as I pulled myself back into my room with a heave. My eyes tries and arching the darkness for what I was trying to find; It was nearly pitch black in here. Of course my father was wiggling the doorknob, being stupid when he was drunk, he would never get that door open.

I finally gave up trying to look for what I was finding and started using my hands as my eyes. I placed both of my hands into the wooden table that sat plainly beside my bed. I paused my hands as o felt the Cold, Sharp metal of what I was looking for.

I uses my dull finger nails to pick it up from the flat surface.

I returned my body to where I was looking out the window again, holding both my hands out of the window as well.

I took a small breath,the razor tight I'm between two of my fingers, hovering above my already scarred skin.

I stuck my tongue out slowly, staring at the sharp metal as I lowered the blade, pressing against my wrist harshly at first to break past my skin. The warm, red liquid dripped away from me, and down to the far ground below, surely staining the concrete with the color.