Chapter 28: Infected

•••
Rainy's P.O.V
•••

I let out a breath of air, able to see white vapor escape my mouth and into the cold air.

Seeing my surroundings shows I'm outside, but there's a fence surrounding me. A tall, tall fence that I wouldn't be able to see over if I was standing. I was leaned against the fence, my back pressing against it.

"Seems you're awake?" The chipper voice of Gared said, his hands on his hips, his black boots were rubber and the only light I was able to see that from was the moon. No candles.

I gave a small and. Starting to call myself stupid for everything I've done. Like going after Firess and Aria. Stupid.

My green eyes frantically looked around for an escape of some sort, but found nothing I'm this kind of darkness. I could feel my bones slowly becoming chilled from the coldness of the air.

"Well..." Gared, the man said. "Seems you're still alive right now" he whispered, walking to what I suppose was a table. "All these tools are so rusted.." He whispered again. His deep voice seeming scary in a whisper.

"I'll scream, and stalkers will come and push these fence down." I threatened, my eyes looking from the table to Gared several times, wondering I was quick enough to grab one of the knives that he left on the table. Rusted. But they still work.

He turned on a flashlight, pointing it right in my face, leaving me blind for a few seconds before my eyes dilated and got used to the light shining in my eyes.

My eyes were squinted and my red hair was draped over both of my shoulders, long and wavy.

I rubbed my arm and looked down as he came closer to inspect me. "Mhm..." A noise came from his mouth. "The green eyes and red hair of a beauty.." His voice game me goosebumps as was quickly right in front of me, another foot and he would be pressing against me.

My heart was being faster than I could count.

His hand reached to my face, his fingers delicately touching my face.
My breath were heavy as I tried to move my hands for the first time. They were bound together by rope.

"Get away from me.." I whispered in a snarl, moving my face away.

"Oh, baby girl.. Don't be that way.." His eyes seemed to glow in the darkness the light color of brown leaves in the coolness of fall.

"Don't call me that.." I said, leaning forward and spitting in his face. Not sure where the spit hit his face.

"Oh.. Baby.. You shouldn't have done that.." He whispered, pulling himself into a stand, and turning his body towards the table filled with sharp objects knives, needles. "Are you ready to be my little guinea pig?" He whispered, making me cringe at his deep whisper.

"You can go yourself in the ass." I whispered, and I suppose he had enough.

He raised his first, and brought it down onto my jaw.

I heard a small crack. I felt it too. My jaw was broken. I Let out a loud cry, closing my eyes tightly at the nearly unbearable pain. A noise rose up in my throat, a cry for help. I didn't mean for it to come out, it just happened.

"Maybe that'll keep your fucking mouth shut.. You whore." He spat next to me.

"I bet your wife was a whore." I managed to let escape past my lips. He let it a loud yell.

"My wife was gorgeous! She was so beautiful..." He said irritated. "You bitch!" He let his hand swing across my face, blooding oozing from my lips.

"She liked to fuck other men.. Because you like to hurt her." His eyes ere filled with utter rage.

"I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, I'LL BLOW YOU BRAINS OUT. SPLATTER THEM ACROSS THEM FUCKING WALL." His voice was so loud, it was actually kind of scary. She hands reached towards a needle that rested upon the table. "Here we go..."

He crouched down next to me, stabbing my neck with the needle. I let out a high pitched scream, hearing moans of stalkers making their way towards the tall fence.

"Get the fuck off!" I yelled in his ear. He didn't stop, pushing the needle deeper injecting a fluid in my skin. He grabbed a tape recorder, holding it up to his mouth.

"Test subject 47. November 3rd. 2021. Rainy, Is her name. She has a group not far from here. I have cameras set up, they seem to be having a problem." My attention turned towards him quickly. "A little Asian boy was bit, killed by a female with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. Some weird name. Thrown in a well by a man with black hair and brown eyes as well. Gage. Poor, poor Wagner."

My heart stopped, it stopped beating, I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. My head was spinning, I heard his voice in my ears.

Gosh dammit.. Rainy you're so beautiful..

I love you so much.

You're so sweet..

Mm, we'll be okay, we'll make it.

My breaths were heavy as I looked up at the man in front of me.

"Wagner.. Wagner Lee Urke. He could break dance like hell. He was so good at writing... His hair would get to long.. And everyone would braid it, he liked it long. But his mom didn't. I did. It was so cute... He- God dammit!" I yelled, not noticing myself crying. "Mom. She was so beautiful, so kind. Dad- Do strong and brave. Cade was so kind, always watching out for us. Austin.." She paused. "That fucker." She let out s chuckle, looking to the blood that fell onto the ground. "Stupid.. Oh my god, stupid idiot. Loved Firess with all his heart." I gulped, leaning my head back. "Uhh- Jason.. Love Firess too. Would've proposed to her probably." She said and closed her eyes as she stated up at the stars, watching her breath form into white vapor and quickly disappearing.

"And then there's me. I'm.. Alone. In the dark.. With someone who's trying to kill me. I loved Wagner Urke. I thought I was so strong.." I paused my breath and moved myself to my knees. "And I'm already dead, aren't I?" I whispered quietly.

"The shot in have you had the virus in it. Only a little bit. I'm searching for a cure. But if it fails, you're going to die." He said plainly.

"I'm already sweating, my hide I'd bleeding and my stomach is churning." I said quietly, looking to the sky again.

"You'll be fine." Gared said in a whisper, biting his lower lip.

"I'd like to believe that, but my best friend is the only fucking cure in this damned world."

I watched as another white cloud formed and disappeared into thin air.

"I'll see you in hell.."