Chapter 9: Vocal Adrenaline

Sofia quickly walked onto the stage and got in into formation

Sofia quickly walked onto the stage and got in into formation. Elijah, the lead male singer, stood in front of everyone in Vocal Adrenaline and nodded to the band to start.

"Load up on guns, bring your friends it's fun to lose and to pretend," Elijah sang. Sofia danced with a Vocal Adrenaline member by the name of Damon

The number ended and Sofia did her final pose and heard applause from Jesse. Jesse had been really hard on Vocal Adrenaline and they have had all day practices all week long before Sofia joined. Charlotte, one of the girls told had told Sofia.

Sofia walked inside her house after a long day of rehearsals. "Hola Abuela," she called out when Sofia walked into the kitchen.

"Hola Sofia," Abuela responded. She grabbed an apple and went upstairs to do her homework. Since attending Carmel, the homework has been a lot harder than McKinley. It took a lot of convincing to Sofia's parents to let her leave McKinley and to attend Carmel. They were reluctant at first but it was something that Sofia was passionate about.

Another thought popped into her head, She hasn't told Santana yet or anyone at McKinley. Sofia felt bad about leaving them when they lost Sectionals. Sofia also didn't want to go back as she was embarrassed. She didn't want to look Rory in the eye. Sofia had a nice time at Sadie Hawkins with Ryder but she didn't want to return to McKinley.

Sofia hasn't exactly made any friends at Carmel, if she didn't count Charlotte. Sofia only talked to her once and that was it. Sofia pushes her homework aside, no longer motivated to do it. She sat at her keyboard decided to sing a song.

"Well I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord but you don't really care for music, do you," Sofia sang. She ran her fingers across the keys and closed her eyes.

"Well it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift the baffled king composing Hallelujah," Sofia leaned to the side.

Sofia: Maybe there's a God above but all I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya and it's not a cry that you hear at night It's not somebody who's seen the light It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Sofia stopped pressing the keys and ended the song. She let out a big sigh and got up from the bench she was sitting at and went back to her school work.

"Why would you do that?" Ryder shouted. Sofia sighed and ran a hand through her curled hair and tried to avoid eye contact with Ryder.

"Hello? Earth to Lopez," Ryder said, waving his hands frantically in her face.

"I don't know okay," Sofia said, raising her voice as well.

"I think you do," Ryder shot back. "We need you Sofia," Ryder added.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as it was all she could  think of to say.

"Well sorry isn't going to cut it with everyone else, especially Finn and  Mr. Shue."

"What do you want me to say Ryder?" Sofia asked. She shrugged her shoulders and faced him.

"Why are you leaving," Ryder questioned.

"Because I am," Sofia mumbled.

"Whatever Sofia," Ryder whispered and started walking away.

"You wouldn't understand," Sofia called out.

"Try me," Ryder encouraged walking back over to her.

"I left because I don't really have any friends and we lost Sectionals," she confessed.

"That's stupid Sofia," Ryder snapped. "You have friends Sof. You even gave up your captain spot on the Cheerios. I thought you liked me."

"I do like you," Sofia cried out. "We lost Sectionals Ryder so why do you guys even need me anyways?"

"Sam and Blaine are going to prove that the Warblers cheated," Ryder spoke. "How can I get you to change your mind?"

"There is nothing you can do," Sofia was cut off by Ryder grabbing onto Sofia's cheeks and pressing his lips to hers.

Elijah:  You're as cold as ice you're  willing to sacrifice our love you never take advice someday you'll pay the price, I know I've seen it before

Sofia danced as Elijah sang but her mind was elsewhere. She couldn't take her mind off of Ryder. She had liked Rory since the first moment she saw him but now she wasn't so sure.

Elijah glared at her when she bumped into him from behind. "Watch out," he growled out.

"Alright, everybody take fifteen," Jesse called out to Vocal Adrenaline. Sofia stood still and ran her hands through her hair.

"Hey Sofia?" Someone called out. I turned around and saw Jesse.

"Yeah," Sofia asked, walking up to him.

"I want you to have the female solo at regionals," Jesse began.

"Why me? I just messed the number," Sofia asked.

"Because I think you have an incredible voice and you are going to be a star," Jesse answered.

"Oh thanks," she smiled. Sofia walked off to grab a drink of water.

"Why should you get the solo? This is my senior year," Charlotte called out with a few others giggling. Sofia ignored them, walked to her Abuela's car once rehearsals ended.

"Hey Sof," Santana hugged her.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went back to Kentucky," Sofia returned the hug.

"Mom told me you're leaving McKinley. So, I took it upon myself to extend my school break," Santana smirked. "I know I told you that I would support you with anything but this is by far the dumbest thing you've ever done," Santana ranted. Sofia scoffed at this started to walk away.

"I've already heard this from Ryder," she exclaimed. "Can we talk about something else," Sofia plopped down onto the couch.

"Okay, then we won't talk about it," Santana swore sitting down next to her little sister.

Sofia leaned her head on Santana's shoulder. "Is it possible to like two people at the same time?"

"Of course," Santana shoved Sofia off and turned to look at her. "What lame glee loser is it?"

"I'm going to ignore that insult and tell you that it is Rory and Ryder," Sofia confessed.

"The leprechaun and the wannabe Justin Bieber," Santana laughed.

Sofia giggled and shoved Santana. "Help me."

"I can't believe I'm saying and if you tell anyone I will deny it but let's sing together," Santana insisted.

"I wonder how you kiss first thing in the morning before you go, go to work and you're smiling at me do you laugh at my jokes, even the ones that you've heard before," Santana sang and wrapped her arms around Sofia. Sofia leaned into her sister as she listened to her sing.

"I wonder how you kiss, how you fight, how you laugh, how you smile all of the time," Sofia sang gripping onto Santana harder as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I don't know who you are don't even know your name I wish we could talk but I don't have a number to call so hold your hand up if you hear me, I've been searching but all that I found is everywhere that I go, is standing alone in the crowd and I need you now... I need you now," the sisters sang together as they huddled together on the couch.