Moving In

Hello!

You have been selected to partake in this generation's tournament! This letter is your ticket to join some of the universe's top fighters in battle, live in a luxurious village with them, and explore techniques from all over! So pack your bags and bid farewell to your company; you've got some smashing to do!

-Master Hand

The first day at the village began with absolute silence. More than a dozen empty houses, thirty-six to be exact, stood solemnly against the rising sun. Each of the houses had a distinct look and color, and they seemed to gleam with anticipation for their inhabitants. The houses were connected by a light gravel road, and each had a small, bright green yard. Flowers of different colors and types decorated the pathways. It was peaceful, not even a cricket seemed to be awake. However, that didn't last long.

Within a matter of minutes, the village was being bombarded with nearly every type of transportation imaginable, from horse-drawn carriages to a spaceship approaching from the distance. They were all gathered on the outside of the fenced village, waiting at the closed gate. Within themselves there was not much talking, as if some were still shaking off the groggy morning feeling. After a few moments of waiting, impatience began to arise.

"So, now what?"

"Don't tell me we came all this way for nothing!"

"Where is he? He usually greets us."

It only took a brief moment for their questions to be answered, as a huge, white glove arose from the other side of the heavy metal gate.

"Hello! Glad to see you all here," it began with a deep voice, "as you all know, each of you have been chosen to join this elite fighting tourney in order to test your skills and meet some of the best challengers in the universe! I am the ringleader of it all, Master Hand, and I will be the tournament's coordinator! Now, without further ado, welcome to your new home!"

Master Hand ended his short speech with a snap of his fingers, and the gate opened, revealing the village to the smashers. Some of the fighters gasped in awe while others had a look of disgust at the sight.

"Before the craze begins, let me tell you that each house has a name plate on the outside, so it should not be difficult for you to find where you will be staying. Some of you, however, will have the pleasure of having a roommate. Others are grouped together for...reasons that will become obvious once you find your housing." Master Hand gestured the fighters to come in, and they did, filing through the gate in an unorganized manner.

It was near impossible to even make eye contact with someone in all the chaos, but one blue-haired royal made it his duty to pinpoint the exact location of his blonde best friend.

"Peach!" He shouted, waving his arm over his head in hopes that she will look his way. Even though he knew the effort was in vain, the blue-clad gentleman couldn't say he didn't try.

He continued on to look for his lodging, figuring that he'll have to catch up with her and the rest of his friends later. After what felt like an eternity, he managed to locate his small house with a gold name plate on top of the door: Marth: 3rd Time Smash Veteran.

It took hours for the chaos to begin dying down. From an outsider's perspective, it seemed that every single of the fighters had been a newcomer, scrambling amongst the chaos. Agitated grumbles spoke otherwise, however.

"Last time we had a mansion..."

"These new guys don't look all that great."

"How are we supposed to find anything in this stupid village?"

Master Hand returned once the calamity settled. He did a pass over through the village, silently taking attendance when he noticed that four houses remained empty.

"Perfect." He said to himself. Now turning to the rest of the village, he announced, "To the Gathering Hall! It's time you all met your match."

Thank you for reading the absolute first thing I have ever posted on here! Please take a few seconds to tell me what you think; I'd appreciate it! See you all soon with the next part!