CHALLENGER APPROACHING !!

Gasps.

Unbelievable.

Dead silence.

Blond hair was unmistakably, perfectly combed.

"CHALLENGER LUCAS, THE BOY FROM NOWHERE!"

And then the noise.

Screams and hollers erupted all around the dumbfounded Ness. His jaw dropped to the ground as he stared at his best friend hop off a weird Paddle monster. Then his face morphed into a giant smile and he sprinted to Lucas, arms wide open. The blond in front of him smiled as well, his laughter as bubbly as Ness remembered.

"You're here! I can't believe it!" Ness shouted, wrapping his arms right around Lucas, swinging him up and around a bit in sheer happiness. The audience cheered and whooped in joy, glad that the all time favorite tag team in Brawl was reunited.

"I couldn't believe it either! But I'm so happy!" Lucas exclaimed, tears of joy running down his face. "We have to fight, though..." The realization made him trail off as Ness put him down.

"Oh! Don't worry about that! Pretend it's like warm-up--"

"ARE YOU, NESS, READY TO ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGER?!" The Announcer's voice boomed. Ness, flinching from the volume, nodded, and the two were quickly transported to Final Destination.

Marth, who was still in the audience, was dumbstruck at the display. His mouth was wide open, eyes in shock. Master Hand had made no hint to challengers, never mind the fact that Lucas came back!

He turned expectedly at where Peach stood, frozen as well. Her hand was on the rail to guide her down and away from the Arena, but she, too, was surprised by what just happened. The audience around them was still hyped up, and the excitement was too much for Marth. He left before the Final Destination battle began, taking Peach with him.

"Wait! You don't want to watch?!" She shouted over the noise, letting him guide her by the hand.

"Ness had the red glow before, Peach," Marth finally spoke when they were farther from the hustle and bustle, "and now he's fighting Lucas."

"Annnd?" Peach raised an eyebrow.

"So did I!" He said, nearly frantic.

"So, who do you think you'll fight?" Peach asked, putting the puzzle pieces together.

"I-I...don't know?" Peach noticed a strange paling in Marth's face as he said those words. "Robin's companions?"

"Peach! Over here!" The two turned and saw a man pointing a camera at the duo, flashing them with photo after photo. Marth scoffed -- paparazzi wasn't anything new to them, just a warped portrayal of what was really happening.

"Ugh I can see it already -- Lord Marth's secret love affair with Princess Peach." The blonde rolled her eyes, letting out a small laugh at the thought.

"Let's just go before someone thinks we're getting married."

Before they stepped out of the arena, they heard the audience go crazy again, followed by the Announcers voice over the intercom.

"LUCAS, THE BOY FROM NOWHERE, HAS JOINED THE BATTLE!"

•-•-•

Today's Fights:
Olimar vs Captain Falcon
Luigi vs Mr. Game & Watch
Lucina vs Pit

Palutena sat, legs crossed, on the couch in Pit's and Dark Pit's house. She watched the lighter of the two pace around the room until she flicked her staff, hitting him on the head.