Making Friends

In the day following the agonizingly slow introductions, Master Hand granted the fighters a day to settle and enjoy a bit of leisure time before intense training began for the tourney. The weather was overcast, and a cool breeze signaled the soon arrival of autumn.

"ZELDA!"

The Hylian Princess turned her head at the sound of her name, cringing at knowing who it was.

"Hello, Peach. It's very nice to see you again." She politely smiled.

"Likewise, Zelda!" Peach winked, giving the brunette a quick hug. "Hey, do you know where Link is? I've been dying to see him. It's honestly been such a long time without seeing my favorite Hylians!"

"Actually, I could've sworn I saw him walking towards the little store at the center of the village." Zelda said, her hand gesturing in the general direction.

"Thanks, Zelda! See you soon!" Peach skipped out of sight, her heels leaving small imprints on the graveled ground. Zelda sighed, trying to force herself not to roll her eyes; she wasn't necessarily fond of the blonde princess, especially since the memories including her haven't entirely been dull.

•-•-•

Palutena entered The Nooks, which was a small general store that the fighters could use to purchase common goods. Entirely focused on the merchandise in each aisle, she smiled to herself. There sure is a lot of materials mortals need. She reached out for a can of soup, only to find a brown, fingerless gloved hand on top of hers. She gasped, retracting her hand quickly, and turned to the owner of the hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She quickly said, a light blush fathoming on her face when she noticed who it was. Such blue eyes...

"Ah, forgive me...Lady Palutena, right? I'm Link, in case you can't recall." Link smiled and extended his hand, which was curiously the same one she had just touched. They shook hands and Palutena regained herself.

"I remembered your name, Link. Of course, how rude of a Goddess would I be to forget anyone's name?" The Hylian smiled at this and found himself at a loss of what to say. He was too busy grasping her beauty to even begin to think out words.

Palutena slightly bowed, "Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to shopping. It was nice to personally meet you, Link." She smiled politely and dismissed herself.

Why did I act like a total idiot?!

"LINK!" A shrill voice and the loud bell above the door cut sharply into Link's thoughts and he turned to be greeted by a bouncing blur of pink and yellow.

Peach gathered Link in a back-breaking hug, squealing the entire time. "I've missed you so much!"

"Heya, Peach." Link strained, gasping for air. "K-kinda forgetting your own strength here!" The Princess laughed and let the blond go.

"Sorry!" She smiled, her hair seeming to radiate with her joy. "It's just that, the Mushroom Kingdom feels like a drag when I know there's so much more to the universe! I'm so happy I get to see everyone and make new friends. I've turned over a new leaf, Link. No more of that last tournament drama, ya know? Hey, speaking of which," she inched closer to him and said in a lowered voice, "have you seen Ike?!"

"Peach, yes I have. Don't you remember that we were all at the Introduction Ceremony?" Link pulled back. The mere mention of Ike made him a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh, that's right! Well, yeah, Ike." She whistled. "Well, Link, I hope our paths cross soon again." She curtsied and made her way to the door.

Link sighed and pinched two fingers on the bridge of his nose. This is going to be a challenge to survive on its own...

Please forgive me for being absent for so long! School just sucked up all my time, but it's Spring Break now and I'll get ahead in continuing and possibly start a schedule? Anyway, please tell me what you think and stay tuned for more!