Chapter 1

"Ms. Smith, this is Owen Grady, our new raptor trainer." Claire introduced me to a tall young man, and I graciously shook his hand.

"So, you're the guy moving into the new bungalow. Nice to meet you, Owen. I'm Alex, director over all the dinosaurs. I'll take you to the nursery, the new raptors should be hatching any day now." Owen climbed into my topless jeep, and we sped through the empty plains around the back to the nursery.

__

"Hey, Sam," I greeted.

"New guy?"

"Raptor trainer." We moved around the other scientists to the large incubator.

"When should they hatch?" Owen asked Sam.

"Either today or tomorrow. You have a radio?" Owen nodded. "Then we'll contact you the second they start to poke through the egg. If you're gonna be their trainer, you need to be here when they hatch."

"Thanks Sam. Let me know, too."

"No problem. See you soon!"

I turned to Owen. "Want a tour of the park, or go straight to your house, or go to the raptor enclosure, or-"

"Can we go to my house?"

I smiled. "Of course."

__

Owen's bungalow was very similar to mine, except mine had larger windows and a smaller living room.

"The moving guys should be over in a little bit with your stuff. If you need anything, I'm right up the road."

"Thanks Alex."

"No problem, Owen. I'll see you later."