Chapter 6

"No, that doesn't make any sense, it was just here. We were just here." Claire ran past the windows, trying to see a glimpse of the Indominus.

"Uh, were these scratch marks always there?" Owen questioned, pointing out the window.

"Check for thermal," Claire ordered the guard at the computers.

I looked out into the paddock, and my eyebrows furrowed.

"What is it?" Owen asked.

"Something's not right."

"She's escaped!" Claire shouted. Owen and I spun around. "I'm going back to the control center, I can track her from there." Claire left the paddock, leaving me and Owen with the guard.

"Well? You gonna let us in?" I asked the guard. He seemed dumbstruck, but opened the gate all the same.

Owen felt the claw marks on the wall, while I inspected the trees.

"You think she could've escaped?" the guard asked Owen.

"Depends. What'd they put in her? Hey, Al-" I covered Owen's mouth with my hand, and motioned toward the trees.

"We need to leave. Now," I whispered. The guard made his way to the door on the other side of the paddock, but was stopped by a very large Indominus Rex. I slammed my hand on the gate keypad, and the full size gate began to open. Owen and I made it out and started closing the gate, but not before the Indominus stopped the door.

"Run!" Owen shouted, and dragged me underneath a car with him, cutting my hand on a rock. The guard who was with us hid behind the front of a truck, his breathing extremely heavy. The Indominus Rex walked around the truck, and flipped it before the guard even noticed. He didn't have enough time to scream before the hybrid snapped him in half.

"Close your eyes," Owen instructed, and he cut the tube with the gasoline, spilling the liquid all over us. The strong smell covered our own, long enough so the Rex couldn't detect us under the van.

When the Rex walked away, I breathed again. "That was close."

"Too close. You okay?" Owen looked at my bloody hand and cursed. "We have to get back to the control center."

"Right behind you."