Chapter 12

"Alex, how do you get the attention of a T-Rex?" I stared at Claire like she was crazy. We were surrounded by dinosaurs, and she wanted to bring in another one? Claire caught on, and explained herself. "It's the only thing big enough that could possibly stop the Indominus."

I sighed. "Red. A T-Rex is attracted to red." Claire ran off, and I took it upon myself to get Zach and Gray to safety. We found shelter in a small vendor booth, but the Indominus soon destroyed it. Owen pulled the three of us out, and we hid behind some debris, but the hybrid caught my back with it's claw, and I fell.

"Alex!" Owen shouted. He was about to run toward me, but a loud roar distracted him. Claire was running, heels and all, with a red flare in her hand, and a T-Rex behind her. Owen had enough time to help me up and over to safety by the time the T-Rex reached the Indominus.

Owen cursed when he saw my back, and removed his outer shirt to tie around the cut.

"Owen, it's... it's Blue!" Claire shouted. Owen and I both looked over, and sure enough, the blue skinned raptor had come to our rescue. With the help of the raptor, the T-Rex pushed the Indominus Rex close enough to the Mosasaur's tank that the large dinosaur was able to drag the hybrid into the water with it.

"Did you see that?" Gray shouted. "That was amazing!"

Blue looked at Owen, and when he gave his nod of approval, she took off, the T-Rex following her.

"Alex-"

"How bad is it not?"

Owen sighed. "It didn't reach your spine."

I sighed. "Good."

"But it did rip your bra."

I swore. "Seriously? That was my favorite one! You know what, get that stupid dinosaur out of the water, I'm gonna beat it up myself!" Zach laughed at my outburst, and Gray did too, but Owen just looked at me.

"I'm serious, that was my favorite bra."

"You'll get over it, just let me bandage it, please?"

"Fine." Owen helped me stand, and he quickly wrapped the strips of fabric around my back, slowing the blood loss. When he finished, I started to sway, and he quickly set me down on some debris.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Can you stop getting injured?" Owen asked me.

"It's in my job description," I teased. "Right under 'Your best friend will be a huge pain in your butt'."

"Funny, that was in my contract too."

Owen sat next to me, a firm grip on my waist. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and we say like that for a while before a helicopter with a medical team inside. I was placed on a gurney, and the doctors got to work as we flew to the nearest hospital.

__

We are so close to 400 reads! Thank you so much!!!