Chapter 5

"What does she want now?" Owen mumbled to himself. "Claire, I don't want-" Owen stopped mid sentence as he saw a different woman come out of the car. "Alex, didn't expect you to be the one stepping out of that car."

I laughed. "Me either, Owen. Sadly-"

"Mr. Grady."

"Speak of the devil," Owen muttered. "Mr. Grady?"

"Owen," Claire corrected. "Mr. Masrani asked that I consult with you."

"On...?"

"We have a new attraction."

"That's not what you said the last time you came here."

"They've got a hybrid dinosaur that they're releasing soon. They want you to check out the paddock and make sure it's secure," Alex interrupted. Claire glared at me, but I snapped back before she could say anything. "Oh, shut up, Claire, I just saved you five minutes."

"And why are you in on this?" Owen asked me.

"Please, Owen, I'm in charge of the dinosaurs. Of course they would have me in on this."

"So why me?"

"I guess Mr. Masrani thinks that since you're able to control the raptors-"

"It's all about control to you, Claire. I don't control the raptors, it's a relationship based on mutual respect."

"Can we just get on with this? Unlike you, Claire, I can't just call someone and ask for an update, I need to see my dinosaurs, so the sooner we get this done, the sooner we can all get back to work." I climbed back into the car, and sat impatiently, waiting for Owen and Claire to follow.

"So, what can you tell me about this new hybrid?"

"It's name is the Indominus Rex-"

I cut in. "She's huge, but not nearly as big as the Mosasaur. She's intelligent, and learned quickly where her food was coming from. Nearly took off on of the worker's arms when they tried to feed her."

"Anything else I should know?"

"I hope not," I muttered.