Chapter 32

The Fight

Jessica's POV

I woke up this morning screaming. It was a nightmare, the last time I had one was a couple months after my mother's death.

"Are you okay!" Zeke yelled as he burst into my room.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare." I said before hurrying over to the twins who were crying. Zeke picked up Leigh and I picked up Elliot and we rocked them back to sleep.

"So what was the nightmare about?" Zeke asked as we set the twins down on the bed.

"It was my mother dying, it was like I was reliving the whole thing." I said basically hearing the gunshot like it was yesterday.

"That's not the best way to start your day, is it." Zeke said.

"No, not really." I said with a small laugh.

"We better get ready to start the day, its going to be full of things to do before the fight." Zeke said before he walked to his room.

I sighed and walked to the bathroom to get ready. After I got out of the shower I put on shorts and a tank top and braided my hair.

I walked into the kitchen with Elliot and Leigh and saw Deke making breakfast. I put Elliot in the high chair and put Leigh quickly in the other. I went to the cabinet and grabbed out the Cheerios and poured a little in front of each of them. They happily started eating the Cheerios.

I looked over to Deke and saw him making an egg omelet. He put it on a plate and handed it to me. I looked down and saw it had spinach and tomato in it. I sighed and sat down but not before grabbing a cup of coffee. I quickly ate my omelet and set my plate in the sink when I finished.

Elliot was already finished with his food but Leigh still had a little bit left. I grabbed some applesauce out of the fridge and grabbed out one of their spoons. I gave a little to Elliot and he giggled with glee. His favorite food was applesauce and he always got happy when he got some. I smile as he reached out his hand grasping the air. Once Leigh saw Elliot's interest she quickly deserted the rest of her food and looked over at me. I gave her a spoonful of applesauce and she went back to eating her Cheerios she was not a big fan of applesauce but always wanted some when Elliot was eating it. I shook my head and smiled at her.

I spent most of my day inside hanging out with Deke and Zeke. Before I knew it, it was only one hour until the fight. There was a knock on the door and Zeke got up from his place on the floor. He opened it and there was Ella and Tris with the guys.

"Hey we just wanted to see you before the fight, we'll be in the front row for the fight cheering you on." Ella said.

"Thanks guys." I said hugging Ella and Tris. I still haven't told them I was leaving after the fight, but it was better that way.

After they left I walked to my room and put on my wig and contacts. I looked in the mirror and saw a girl with black hair and hazel eyes. I smiled because I looked like my mother. I walked out to the living room and saw Zeke and Deke waiting for me with the twins.

We got in the car and drove to where the fight was at. You could hear people cheering on fighters from a distance. I smiled already feeling the rush of fighting. We soon made it to the large crowd of people and walked over to our corner for waiting for the fight to start.

"You're going to do great Jess, remember rely on your training and you'll do great. We'll be here for you whenever you need us." said Zeke. I smiled and hugged them both kissing Elliot and Leigh on the head before I walked over to the the open circle of space where the fight was.

When I got there I saw my opponent, he looked even larger in real life. You could tell he was not to be messed with. He watched my every move like I watched his. The slight limp was evident but  unnoticeable if you weren't looking for it.

All I heard was Roman yell out 'fight' before I switched into a fighting stance. I was waiting for X to strike and he took the opportunity. Before he could hit me I blocked and sent a fist into his stomach. Oooo he has abs! He moved back and we moved around each other both looking for an opportunity to strike.

His left knee was in a perfect striking position, I faked a punch to the face and sent a sharp kick to his left knee. He yelled out in pain and I could see the anger in his eyes. He lunged and I didn't have time to block as he sent a fist right to my face. He knocked me back and I saw black spots but I blinked it away. He kept sending punch after punch, me fighting to block every punch.

I saw an opportunity to gain the upper hand and I took it. I flipped us around so I was now above him and I sent a punch straight to his jaw. He started messing with his pocket and all of a sudden he pulled out a knife he lunged at me and left a slash in my collarbone. I cried out in pain and jumped away from him. He had an evil grin on his face as he kept lunging at me. I quickly knocked back the hand with the knife and sent an upper cut straight to his jaw. He fell down with the force of the impact. All I heard was the thud of body hitting the ground and the clinking noise the knife made when it fell. Roman walked over to the and was yelling at him to get out but the guy was knocked out cold. Roman walked up to me and shoved the money from the fight in my hand. I quickly ran over to where Zeke and Deke were and grabbed my two siblings and kissed them on their heads. I saw everyone else try making their way over here and Zeke handed me my tickets. I looked over my shoulder as I left and saw Trish and Ella make it to Zeke and Deke, unaware that I was leaving.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
One more chapter left in this book. It's crazy to think that I've come this far. This book is 4 in teen fiction which is crazy amazing and I love all of you so much. So I've decided to do a little ask the author thingy where you can ask me questions about the book or about me. IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A TITLE OR YOU MADE A BOOK COVER COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME.

This chapter is dedicated to claudiaae for the amazing cover she sent me.

Laters Peeps🐣❤️