Chapter 2

My day started normal, making breakfast, dropping of Elliot, getting to school, but half way through the day I was called to the front office.

I was quickly escorted to the pricipals office, getting looks that held.....sympathy?

Crap.

I walked through the open door, leading to the plain white room of the principal.

The principal sat at her desk, her hands clasped in front of her while she talked to a boy in front of her.

I cleared my throat, her head snapped in my direction and she smiled.

"Hello Jessica, this is Clayton Marshal, please, take a seat." She said kindly.

I gave her a small smile, I sat down on one of the round leather seats in front of her desk.

"You see," the principal began,"Mr. Marshal is failing some of his classes, I was wondering if you would tutor him. Each subject you tutor him in you'll get one extra credit."

I thought for a moment. Clayton Marshal is this schools 'bad boy'.

He's been in 18 fights, been suspended 13 times, and has a reputation as a gang leader. It's all gossip, well, I worked in the office sophomore year so I know the fight and suspension is true, but I have my doubts of the gang leader one.

"Sure." I replied, it's just tutoring, I don't need any more credits but extra is always nice.

"Okay, you two can work out the details, your dismissed." She said and waved us off.

"Okay," I told him,"meet me today, Tuesdays and Thursdays at the library at four o'clock."

"Why not just right after school?" he asked, rather impatiently.

"I have stuff to do." I informed him, short and simple.

"Okay, and don't tell anyone about this little arrangement nerd." he sneered at me but I didn't even flinch.

"I have no friends." I said, keeping my face blank.

He looked at my face carefully, checking for sarcasm, then turned and just left.

"Gee, bye to you too." I muttered but went on to my next period.

The time flied and I was soon walking into the cafeteria.

I had no money for food so I just sat at the far table and did my homework.

I was finishing my physics homework when a hand slammed in front of my binder.

I looked up to see Juliet Drams, Queen Bee and supreme bitch standing in front of me.

"Listen here you little nerd." she hissed."Stay away from Clayton, he's mine."

I sat there emotionless and then when she left I got back to my work. Not without noticing the school population staring at me though.

By the time the bell rung I was done with all my homework. I gathered my stuff and I zoomed to my last class.

After school I only had an hour so I quickly drove to the daycare to check out Elliot and after he was buckled in I was out of there and on my way to the library.

I walked inside, the smell of paper hit me and I smiled.

I set Elliot down and grabbed his hand and he toddled beside me as I headed to the study area. I saw Clayton's dark hair and headed in that direction.

I set my books in front of him and sat Elliot in the seat next to me.

I notice Clayton and Elliot staring at each other and I choked back a giggle.