Chapter 9

"And the winner is.......BLACK LIGHTNING!" The ref screamed through the microphone and he held my hand above my head, my opponent lying unconscious on the ground after the fist round.

The crowd roared as I kissed my other glove and held it in the air.

I walked out if the ring, the crowd jumping out of their seats to follow me I made a mad dash through the door, down a few ally's until I managed to stop and slip on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt over my fighting wear and took off my wig and contacts.

I had only gotten hit twice, both times in the stomach. I can't believe that guy was heavy weigh champ.

I made sure new my belt was safely in my duffle bag before pulling it over my shoulder and started walking back. As soon as I saw a crowd I pushed my bag behind the dumpster and turned to face the other way.

"Oh my god BLACK LIGHTNING!" I squealed and pointed down a dimly lit allyway.

All the peoples heads quickly snapped over to me and they started stampeding instantaneously in my direction, which I quickly side stepped and chuckled to myself.

I ran back to the car when someone knocked on my left mirror.

I looked over and saw Deke.

Zeke's twin brother.

Creative parents.

"Hey D." I said and he reached through the the window and pulled me into a hug.

"Where the hell have you been!" he demanded.

I rolled my eyes. "Protecting a certain little bubbly boy."

His gaze softened and he sighed. "you know me and Z-" he began but I cut him off.

"I'm not letting you waste your hard earned cash on some piece of street trash like me." I said, finality clear in my tone.

"For the record, your not street trash." he said and I laughed bitterly.

"Sure, I gotta get home, schedule me a fight with a better champion." I yelled as I started moving down the street.

My phone started to ring right when I had parked the car in the apartment complex.

I groaned and pressed accept before holding it up to my ear.

"How the hell does a one hundred twenty two pound seventeen year old beat the shit out of a two hundred fifty six pound thirty year old?" A familiar voice asked.

I chuckled lightly as a familiar voice came flooding in my ears. "it's all in the technique."

"Well, you have a technique for picking out men who aren't pigs?" she pressed and I laughed.

"Your asking me for boy advice?" I clarified and she groaned.

"I'm sure there's something on ReadIt." I heard her mumble and I rolled my eyes.

"So when'd ya hear about the fight?" I questioned her.

"Twitter, I think you need one." she told me and I scoffed.

"Me? Social Media? I can handle real fights, not internet ones."I replied and I could hear her eyes roll.

"Get with the time girl, your trending." she told me, making me scrunch up my eyebrows.

"What the hell does that even mean?" I said and she paused, knowing what I was going to do.

I went on urban dictionary and looked up the unknown word.

"Got it yet?" she asked as my eyes widened.

"Why the hell am I trending?" I questioned confused, making her laugh.