J to the LO, Hello!

The X-Files

Chapter 1: J to the LO, Hello!

Janet expected to send a quiet evening alone with her girlfriend Jennifer in her Houston home. She got comfortable in some sweats and they curled up in front of the TV to watch the new Waiting to Exhale movie. Just as she got comfortable, Janet was forced to get up by the sound of her doorbell ring. Jennifer paused the movie and waited for her to get back. When she opened the door she gasped. Toni was the last person she expected to see standing there, and in the rain.Janet did not see a car and judging by the shivering, Toni had just walk the five miles to her home. She pulled the other woman in. Even covered in water, Janet could tell Toni had been crying. She felt bad, she knew she had hurt the singer. She warned Toni, just as she warned everyone to not fall in love it her, it was just sex. Of course, as always, Toni DID fall for Janet.

Janet quickly went and got a towel from her guest bathroom for the woman.Janet began to dry Toni off herself seeing as though the woman seemed completely out of it.

"I love you." Toni whispered. Janet cringed, those are the three little words she feared the most. She never intended on it getting out of hand but before she even realized it, Toni was in love.

"Toni,no." Janet said simply and softly in a strong yet calm voice.Her quickly went to Jennifer who was just in the other room waiting on her.

"Why can't you love me back. I will do anything you want me to. Just please love me." Toni started begging again. Janet hated seeing the usually vibrant, strong woman so broken. It killed her to know she had done that to her.

"I care about you Toni, I always will. We were friends before this and we both decided that this wouldn't go past sex. We can go back to being friends. You just need sometime."

"I fits my body that you want then take it." Toni started stripping right there in Janet's living room. Janet could not believe what was happening. Each article hit Janet's floor with a thud until Toni stood stark naked in the middle of Janet's entrance way. "I'd rather you use my body than leave me."

Janet's eyes started to water as well, the guilt and empathy was overwhelming. Janet wrapped the damp towel around Toni's body and hugged the sobbing woman who clung to Janet for dear life.

Just then Jennifer walked into the foyer after wondering what was taking Janet so long.

"Why the hell is this!?"

Janet practically jumped away from Toni. She looked like a deer caught in head lights.

"Janet you better answer me or I'm walking out that door and I'm not coming back." Jennifer panicked seeing her girlfriend hugging a partially naked woman just minutes after sitting with her.

"Jenny,Toni is just going through something right now. She just needed a friend, that's all." Janet tried.

"I don't want your friendship. I want you Janet. I don't care who knows it." Toni pleaded with tears still streaming down her face. She looked a mess and both Janet and Jennifer could tell Toni was not all there in that moment but Jennifer would not allow herself to be sucked into such drama.

"Really J! Really!" Jennifer shook her head gesturing to Toni. "I told you I was different. I told you I don't play this cheating, baby mama bullshit!"

"I know Jenny. I had no idea she was coming. I swear! She just showed up!"

"If that's true and you don't want her here, kick her out." Jennifer crossed her arms across her chest.

"Babe!"Janet looked from Toni to Jennifer. "She walked here. It's about to start storming. I can't just kick her out."

"Well damn!" Jennifer huffed. "I guess it's my time to leave."Jennifer said getting emotional herself. She really thought Janet was different. She was quiet at time but funny and proud and great in bed, plus for the first time ever she allowed herself to be with a woman. She felt she was being played again. Janet was just like Wesley and Puffy; and that really hurt.

"No Jen No! Please don't go. I'll take her home ok? I'll have my bodyguard!" Janet grabbed Jennifer's hand so she could not make it up the stair to get her keys.

"Just get her the hell out of here...wait; where is she?"

Janet turned to where Toni was last standing and found nothing but the towel she had wrapped Toni in still there. The door was wide open so they both assumed it was over and Toni had simply left on her own.Jennifer was still angry though, Janet told her things like a naked,wet ex girlfriend showing up during a date would not happen. It really stung because she was actually beginning to think of being with Janet for a while; maybe even making thing serious.

Thank you for reading. Please review and get back to me with your comments.How do you feel about the Janet/Jennifer pairing?!