•Day 7 | Part 1•

"Mila, wake up...you need to wake up" I heard a repetitive voice surrounding me. It sounded familiar but ignored it.

"Mila...wake up" the same voice woke me up once again, this time my body was shaken to fully wake up. I blinked numerous times and saw Derek's face appear right in front of me.

"What's going on?" I whispered and I suddenly realised that today was 'the day'. My stomach turned upside down, I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Look it's really early in the morning, and there's something important I need to tell you Mila" Derek sat down next to me. I was beyond anxious and scared, what does he want to tell me?

"Wait, I don't want to be killed Derek. I'm scared" tears began to stream down and he wiped them away.

"Well I have a resolution for that..." He have me a slight smirk, which allowed me to calm my sobbing. What is he going to suggest.

"What is it?" I suddenly added interest, I'll do anything not to die or be tortured. Are we going to run and escape? Has Derek convinced Xavier not to kill me? Or does Xavier genuinely don't want me killed? I doubt it but I'm hoping this idea that Derek has planned is somewhat escapable and quick.

"Well, this is probably the worst thing to think of and Aaron does agree with me and the idea..." Wait Aaron's helping me? I know that in some way I can trust him but he's the youngest he's meant to be following every order Xavier gives him. This sounds terribly hopeless.

"Yes?..." I added wondering what this idea is?

"Ummm...this is beyond against the rules even I could be killed by doing this but it's the only way" Derek announced. He can get killed by saving me? Is it really worth it?

"Look, it's better off me getting killed than you. They need you and..." I blabbered on but Derek cut me off.

"Mila, everything is going to be fine. I'm doing this because I want to, and so does Aaron just hear me out" he assured me and I nodded in reply. I took a deep breathe in ready to hear this plan.

"Ok, so we thought about this for a while and we came up with many ideas but we knew they were all hopeless and wouldn't stand a chance against the pack. The only way this master plan would work is only if you choose to do it last minute. So..." Derek struggled to tell me.

"Please, just say it" I demanded as I looked into his eyes. I watched him gulp down his saliva and he looked back at me.

"So, you can only escape if you...you change" Derek instantly looked to the ground and shut his eyes. What did he mean by change?

"What? I don't understand?" I questioned, I was genuinely confused.

"Change into a wolf, Mila. It's the only way" any muscle that was being used, was now weak. My body shook and went into shock. This can't be the only way...it can't.

"W-what? There has to b-be a-" I was cut off. Derek held my hand and squeezed it.

"Mila, there isn't. I'll change you, all I do is bite you" Derek sounded like it was no big deal but I could see the worry in his eyes. "This bite will give you so much power and that's why it's an advancement for our escape. What will happen is Kyle will come down to grab you too outside for your...death. Then, I'll find a way to distract the others while you make a run for it" Derek announced leaving me dumbfounded. My brain registered what he was telling but it was as if I didn't want to listen. My life will never be the same after this, never. I can't imagine living my life as a secret, how can I explain all my strange and unusual strengths to anyone who sees me using them? There is no possible way I will live my life the same.