(6)

A/N: This part is dedicated to RainbowGal246 who's been nothing but encouraging since I started posting that story. Thanks again! :-)

Hope you enjoy this new chapter! Don't forget to comment and/or vote! :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not ready for this at all... I thought as I looked at myself in the full-length mirror at the back of my dressing door.

I was wearing the dreaded RPH uniform which consisted in a navy blue blazer and matching above the knee pleated skirt, a white shirt, a striped navy and red tie and - I kid you not - freaking high heels shoes!

No brand had been mentioned in the school rules policy but I was currently wearing Ralph Lauren and Prada for the first time ever.

But the differences didn't stop there. Whereas they'd been pestering girls about their use of make up at Brading High, in Rochester, they encouraged them to wear what was "necessary to maintain a good image of the school".

I wasn't really sure I knew what they meant but I knew they wouldn't hold it against me since it was my first day there, so I simply put some light purple and bronze eyeshadows, two layers of black mascara and some light pink gloss.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I shouted. It was Nate.

"What do you think?" I asked him still unsure about the outfit.

"Wow, Poppy!" Leo was the one to answer. His eyes were huge and I frowned.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him worriedly.

Leo was still gaping and Nate nudged him in the ribs.

"Hey! It's my sister you're ogling, Lee!" He exclaimed, clearly ticked. "You've missed breakfast, Pops." He then said to me. "But Magda gave me this for you." He was handing me a granola bar. I took it and slid it in my messenger bag, before taking a deep breath.

"Ok, let's go." I said more to myself than to the two twelve-year-old friends.

I'd spent the last seven days playing all types of sports with them and not only was our Un-wimp Leo Plan a success, so far, but the two boys were now inseparable.

"Where the f*ck have you been, Leo?!" Tyler shouted at his younger brother when he saw us across the hall. "I've been looking for you everywhere!" In spite of his clearly grouchy mood, I couldn't take my eyes away from him for at least an entire minute. That's how unbelievably handsome he was right then in his uniform, a white shirt over navy blue dress pants, with a matching blazer.

Unlike mine, his tie was striped navy blue and silver.

It's only when I noticed how pale and distressed Leo looked that I snapped out of it.

"He was with us." I answered for the frightened boy. "If you want to shout at someone, shout at me, ok?! I was the one running late." I snapped with narrowed eyes. "Now if you'll excuse us, we're going to be late if we don't leave now..." I added sarcastically before walking past him towards the door with Nate and Leo behind me.

"What do you think you're doing?!" The threat behind his words was hard to miss.

"Hmm... Driving the three of us to school..." I answered with my eyebrows raised, still walking. He caught up with me and prevented me from entering my car.

If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead.

"Leo, hop in my car." He ordered.

"But I want to ride with Nate..." He argued and, damn, was I proud of him right then! And judging from Tyler's shocked expression, Leo usually didn't stand up for himself, which made me even prouder.