(13)

I felt much more awake after the shower but dreading to face Owen or Tyler, I spent an extra twenty minutes air blowing my hair and styling it into a carefully messy style. I had already applied more make up than I usually did and unless I decided to paint my nails, which I never did, there was really nothing else I could possibly do to waste any more time.

I did a double-take when I finally came out.

There, waiting on Leo's bed with his elbows resting on his knees and his head in his hands, was a very tired-looking Tyler.

His head snapped up as soon as he heard the bathroom door open.

There were dark circles around his eyes and he hadn't styled his hair which, because of the wrinkled clothes he was wearing, gave him a disheveled look that would have been sexy if he hadn't looked so anguished.

So much for stalling in the bathroom... I thought.

His eyes trailed down my body, taking in my white trousers and dark blue button-up shirt kept open to reveal a light blue spaghetti top, and then back up where they paused on my face, probably noticing the extra makeup and styled hair, before growing hard.

"Who is it?" He growled through his clenched teeth as he approached me like a starving wolf on the hunt.

"You're scaring me and I don't know what you're talking about..." I decided to be honest.

He pulled my chin up and closed the distance between us so that our chests were touching. I tried to take a step back but he didn't let me, I only managed to maintain the tiniest space between the two of us.

"Who's your date?" His deep voice exuded a disgust that didn't make any sense.

"M-my date?" I repeated, having trouble processing anything he was saying.

"Stop f*cking with me and answer the question, Poppy!" He then shouted and it reminded me so much of that day three weeks ago when Tom had humiliated me in front of my classmates, that I snapped.

"You know what, Tyler Freaking Van Houten?! You can go to hell and never come back!" I shouted before pushing him away from me. He was so surprised by my outburst that he froze for a few seconds. I took this opportunity to leave the room but stopped short when I came face to face with ten pairs of eyes.

I groaned before trying to walk past them to the fridge. I was desperate for some juice but it would have to wait apparently since I was suddenly grabbed from behind and turned around by none other than the boy I'd just told to go to Hell.

"Let me go!" I grunted.

"Not before you answer my question." He growled.

I closed my eyes, hoping it would help me calm down a bit.

"What freaking question?!" I barked. "Who my date is?!" I closed my eyes again and took a couple of deep breaths. "Are you freaking kidding me?!"

I was so tired.

"What are you talking about, Tyler?" Nate intervened.

"My freaking question exactly." I agreed.

"So you don't have a date?" Tyler asked incredulously with his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

I sighed loudly.

"F*ck..." He muttered.

"In his defense you look like you've made an effort..." Darren pointed out.

"Truth time?" I finally said, exasperated. A few of them nodded. "I spent as much time as I could in the bathroom because I dreaded coming out and having to face you all, and more particularly King VH himself, after the way he ditched us last night..." I pointed to Tyler. "Now do you think I could get myself some juice and be left alone, please?" I didn't wait for them to answer me. I just headed toward the fridge and this time, nobody stopped me.