(21)

"Wake up, Pops!" I sat up abruptly when I registered that it was Nate's voice.

"What's happening?!" I cringed at my morning voice.

Wait a minute! What was I doing in Tyler's bed?! I groaned when I understood that he'd most probably carried me up there after I'd fallen asleep.

"Nothing, Tyler told me you hadn't put an alarm clock so I came and woke you up..." He explained. "Magda's sent some food down again..." He added and I smiled at how excited he sounded.

Nate and his food...

"Hmmk..." I mumbled.

I got out of bed and decided to use the bathroom now that Tyler wasn't around.

Half an hour later I was ready and the boys were nowhere in sight so I helped myself with some scrambled eggs and toast, and ate it with a glass of fresh orange juice.

I went back in Tyler's room to brush my teeth and did a double take when I came face to face with him right as he got out of the shower.

"Shit!" I exclaimed. "S-sorry..." I grabbed my toothbrush and my toothpaste with trembling hands and hurried out of the bathroom.

My heart was beating furiously inside my chest when I finally paused behind his bedroom's door. It was the first time I saw a naked boy and what a glorious first time it had been!

"Everything's ok?" Landon asked with a frown as I was shaking my hand in front of my face to cool down a bit.

Mortified at the possibility of him knowing what had just happened, I shrugged and went to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink.

"We're ready Pops!" Nate called me as Leo and he came out of the youngest Van Houten's room. That was when I saw that Landon was still studying me from one of the sofas.

"Let's go, then..." I said.

"Poppy..." Landon called me just as I was about to step on the terrace. I turned around to see what he wanted and grimaced when I saw he was holding my cleats in his hands.

Thankfully Nate, who was only halfway across the room went to get them for me so I didn't have to talk to him or anything.

The boys were pretty quiet during the drive to school and they didn't even wait for me to stop the car to get out of it.

"Text me!" I called out to Nate through the window.

"Ok!" He shouted back.

I didn't know whether it was because my brain couldn't process any more drama or not but I didn't hear any insults or nasty comments as I crossed the car park. In fact, nobody seemed to acknowledge my presence at all, even when I entered the upperclassmen locker-room and walked to my locker.

I immediately reached for my phone when I felt it vibrate in my pocket.

We're both in!!! :-) :-) :-)

Nate's text filled me with so much joy that it took my body a few seconds to adjust.

"What's with the huge smile?" It was Keira. I let out a relieved sigh and turned to face her.

"My brother's just texted me with some good news, that's all..." I answered.

"Oh, I like good news!" She exclaimed and I was once again startled at how genuine she sounded.

"He and Leo made the Junior High football team..." I said.

"Wow, that's huge!" She exclaimed and I couldn't help but frown at her enthusiasm. "All thanks to you, as well..." She added.