12- Anything But This

I'm sitting in the principal's office watching the seconds on the clock tick by.

We were both in silence. Not saying a word and waiting for Mrs. Thompson to come back from the front office.

I hear my phone buzzing and I take it out of my bag. I look at Evelyn, who is admiring her nails.

I put in my passcode and see that it is a text from Olivia.
O: Hear that your in Mrs. Thompson's office, what happened?

I remember that she is in math class and her teacher, Mr. Workshaw, is like 70 years old, and its pretty easy to read and send texts during his class.

E: I got into a fight.
O: With?
E: Evelyn.
O: We all know that we each want to take a shot but...
E: She told the fans.
O: Oooh! That makes way more sense.
E: Seriously?
O: No not really...

Just then Mrs. Thompson walks in.

E: She's back gtg.
O: Good luck.

I turn my phone off and put it in my bag. I lean back on my chair.

"What happened there? This situation is very irregular for girls like you two." She asks.

"She pounced on me." Evelyn says, pointing at me.

"Eleanor? I thought you would know better. This is very unlikely for you." She says.

I sit in silence, not saying anything. "Was she bullying you?" She asks, making Evelyn flip her hair back and cross her arms.

"More like cyber bullying." I say.

"Please explain." Mrs. Thompson says.

"You know my parents and uncle are famous YouTubers right?" I ask. She nods her head.

"Well, they thought it was better if I kept my Google account name anonymous, so it wouldn't be filling up their comments if I appear in a video with them." I say.

"But, Evelyn must have done something to find out it was me and then leaked my account name to every one." I say.

"But you don't pounce on people and hit them." Evelyn says.

"She is right." Mrs. Thompson says.

"I told her I wasn't in the mood to listen to her nonsense and she indirectly told me that she was the one who did it." I say.

"Do you have any idea what Joe or my parents would say to me?" I ask.

"I don't know really, maybe I can meet them and watch." She says.

"You're the last person to be allowed in my house to meet my parents, Joe, Caspar, Marcus, Niom-"

"Okay, okay. I don't think you should call your elderly by their first names." Mrs. Thompson says.

"Actually, Joe and Caspar prefer it." I say.

"Back to the topic..." Mrs. Thompson says.

"Yes. I think she should get two weeks detention." Evelyn says, pointing at me again.

"What?! Detention for something you caused?!" I say, standing up.

"Girls." Mrs. Thompson says softly.

"Well you were the one who jumped on me!" Evelyn says, ignoring her.

"It was done because of you!" I say.

We continue arguing. "Girls!" Mrs. Thompson yells.

We sit down in silence.
"Okay. Obviously you need to know how to work together..." She says.

I think I know where this will end. "So, you two are going to work together to plan and decorate the new year's dance in two weeks." She continues.

"What?!" We say in unison.

"Yes. You will have to do this after school every Tuesday, which is today, Thursday and Friday." She says.

"And also at recess on Monday and Wednesday." She says.

"I can't today! Thanks to Evelyn, Joe is coming over to talk about all of this! And my mum wants me there!" I say.

Also, because my best friends want me to have coffee with them after school. I say to myself.

"You should have thought of that earlier." She says.

"Now proceed to your classes while I call your parents." She says.

We both silently go out.

I go to the girls restroom. Wait did she say call my parents?!