53- Mrs. Natalie

I shut my laptop and sigh. I stare at the wall, my mind blank. Not knowing what to do now.

I hear a knock on the door and I don't reply. I just continue staring at the wall.

Mum comes in and I just turn my head for a second and just continue staring at the wall.

"Hey El. Anything wrong?" She asks.

I shake my head. "Well, then, I want you to know that Mrs. Natalie is coming over." She says.

"As in our neighbor Mrs. Natalie? As in, the old lady Mrs. Natalie?" I ask.

She nods her head. "Why? I thought you were going first thing in the morning in London." I say, confused.

"I am. But she is going to watch over you." She says.

"Mum, I'm sixteen. I don't need a babysitter. I can take care of myself!" I try not to yell.

"Sure. Keep telling yourself that." She says, looking at my arm.

I roll my eyes. "But I am telling myself that you need someone that isn't Joe to watch over you and I chose her. Thank you very much for understanding." She says.

I just look at her breathlessly. She leaves and shuts the door.

This was so expected of her.

-Next day-

"Bye Mum!" I say, waving as the car starts moving.

She waves back and I go inside, shutting the door behind me. Its 8:47 am and Mrs. Natalie is hogging the TV watching that old TV show, Boy Meets World.

I go upstairs and take my chemistry books. I sit in my bed and start to study.

I have to study really well if I want to get into a good college after these exams.

I don't really know what I want to do.

People tell me I have a great voice. Maybe I could do some performing arts?

I've always been good at soccer as well. Maybe that can be a choice as well.

"Eleanor? Would you like some vegetable soup for breakfast?" Mrs. Natalie asks, barging into my room.

I almost throw up. "No thank you Mrs. Natalie." I say, smiling.

"Well okay then." She says.

She shuts the door and I continue studying.

-Few hours later-

I go downstairs and see that Mrs. Natalie is fast asleep in front of the TV.

I go upstairs and change into a blue dress and matching blue wedges. I leave my hair tumble loosely over my shoulders. I put a little make up on and I take a clutch and put emergency lip gloss and mascara in it.

I look at myself in my full length mirror and I go out of my room.

I tiptoe downstairs and go out.

I start walking towards the Pier and I go to Little Bay.

I go inside and I see Louis there, using his phone. I walk over and take a deep breath.

"May I?" I say.

He looks up and smiles. "Of course!" He says, letting out a small chuckle.

I sit down and he puts his phone down on the table.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to sneak out of the house." I say.

"Why? I thought your parents weren't home." He asks.

"They aren't. But they asked Mrs. Natalie to babysit me." I say.

"As in, the old lady who is your neighbor Mrs. Natalie?" He
asks.

"Yes. But luckily she was asleep on the couch after watching about three seasons of Boy Meets World." I say.

"Lucky you." He says.

"I know." I say.

"So, how are you holding up with the Joe drama?" He asks.

"Okay, I guess. I'm not allowed to talk to him or even be in the same room with him. Plus, I quit all my social media." I say.

"You did?! But you live on the internet! And what about your YouTube channel?!" He asks.

"Well, I am going to make videos but that's it. I'm only going to be on YouTube and nothing else. No Twitter, no Instagram, no Facebook, no nothing." I say.

"Wow." He says.

"I know. I can't believe I'm doing this either." I say.

-Later-

"I had a really good time today. Thank you." I say.

"You're welcome." He says.

I look into his amazing blue eyes and he looks into mine.

He leans in, cups my face with his hands and I feel his soft lips brush against mine. It all felt so magical.

We pull away from each other and I can feel my cheeks redden. He puts his hands in his pockets and smiles.

"I'll see you in school then?" He says.

"I guess so." I say, biting my lip.

"Bye." He says.

"Bye." I say.

He walks away and I watch him walk away.

I walk up the driveway and open the door, not even thinking to check if she was awake.

"Where did you go?" She asks, shocking me.

"Er, just watering the flowers." I say.

"Dressed like that?" She asks.

This woman is smarter than I thought.
"Um, yeah. Its the latest trend." I say.

"Hmm. Okay." She says.

Okay. Now, I'm taking back my words. She isn't that smart.

I go upstairs to my room and sit on my bed. I remove my wedges and I lay down and sigh.

That was amazing!

Author's note: I bet only directioners will get this, but, I just noticed this is Elounor!!!