III: Luna Agnesi

Looks can be truly deceiving.

A woman leisurely leaning over a tarnished wooden balustrade of her precious ship –which has been her baby ever since she fell in love with the sea, heaved a sigh. An exhausted smile spread in her lips, feeling the cool breeze of the morning wafted from the ocean. One of the many reasons she decided to be a voyager was to have the pleasure to witness the stunning view of the sun slowly replacing the moon in the VIP seat. She usually starts her morning loud and vibrant instead of idling in the front deck but at times like this she needed peace the most.

Her eyes shifted on a girl once more, departing the ship. The girl's pitch black hair reminded of her of the murky sky at night. She can't help but noticed how fragile she seemed through her dress that falls just above her knees which hid her pallid skin that looked as though she'd never seen the sun. She had a petite figure mostly like every girl at her age. Reflecting on her charming face was nothing but pure innocence –one that couldn't even hurt a fly. Seemingly frail and liable to the threat of this world, anyone would risk protecting her and no one would dare imagine that this young girl could bear something else within her –something evil.

The woman didn't expect that a grown-up like her would have this girl as her worst nightmare.

Her brow creased in a frown, remembering a fresh haunting memory. She hardly swallowed a lump forming on her throat as the recollection of the last night's horrors crept back...

|Flashback|

After she announced the test she came up with for the qualification of the Hunter Exam, she made her way to the captain's room and secured the door.

"People joining the exam are getting worse over the time..." she complained under her breathing. "Maybe next time I should reconsider being an examiner. I don't even get paid for this." She sighed in distress.

To ease her stress, she settled down on her cozy chair with couple of loaded guns spread across her desk just in case some fool would barge in. It's been quiet for a while and the anticipation for some action made her impatient. But it didn't take long before a scream was heard and the rumble started. The roaring sound of battle and clashing of fist were music to her ears. She couldn't help but scoffed for every groan of pain she heard.

Yes, she's a heartless hardcore woman, guilty as charged. She never let a man scare the shit out of her and for most cases it's the other way around. No pain, no gain –that four words became her code in life, the very strength that made her a survivor in this harsh world. Her system might be over the top but she was never less proud to say that despite how inhuman she might be, she was able to lead this ship successfully over those years. By feeding her men with knowledge of bravery and teaching them to be stronger than life, she was rest assured, knowing in some way she was able to save their lives.

She lit a cigarette to kill some time while listening to the screaming of the weak at the background. What a waste, she snorted. They were so over their head, thinking they could they be part of the real exam yet they weren't able to pass a simple test.

It was been hours since the test began. Her fingers relentlessly tapping on the sturdy wood of her desk, eyes narrowed in boredom. Of all the things she was lacking –besides gentleness, was temper. She's an impatient woman; rarely seen slacking on her chair and waiting men to do the job for her.