III. Boy Trouble

Tell us more about your family.

Luna suppressed her laughter seeing Gon and Killua’s frustrations after they got literally kicked out of the kitchen. The boys took the pleasure of the chairman’s generosity too seriously as they snuck inside the kitchen and threatened to devour anything edible in there. Even though it wasn’t her initial plan to pester anyone and she was not in the mood for a feast she still chose to tag along with these two restless troublemakers. For some reasons their childish ways brought her the thrill she wasn’t aware of.  

“I thought the food here was free?” Killua protested, taking a mouthful of his ice cream. “Then why’d they throw us out of the kitchen?!”

“Of course we would be forced to leave the kitchen after making that mess.” Luna replied and took a bite of her apple.

“It’s alright Killua, we never left empty handed anyway.” Gon grinned triumphantly before munching the poor fried chicken leg and motioned to the bounty he’s hugging. He has enough food to feed an entire family.

Where do they put all these foods? Luna wondered. She has lost count of everything the boys have consumed for the past half hour and still they couldn’t get enough of it.

Killua looked at Gon’s arms and compared them to the ones he collected, which were mainly sweets. He said, “Yeah, you sure took a lot.” 

They were now wandering the hallways of the airship after getting banned anywhere near the kitchen.  Kurapika and Leorio on the other hand already retreated to their room to hit the sack and replenish their energy. To be honest, she would like to follow their lead and to lay her back on a nice soft bed and rest her eyes instead of loitering empty hallways. This day wasn’t as brutal as her daily physical training yet the exhaustion was way worse than dealing with her mother. Maybe it was something with the outside world that made her so emotionally and mentally drained than usual. Too bad calling the day off was not her decision to make tonight and by the looks of the radiating energy these two boys possess, she will never get to sleep at all.

“Whut’s wong…” there was a munching sound followed by an audible gulp. “You don’t like the food here?” It was Gon looking down on her apple.

“Oh! No... It’s not that.” She shook her head gently “I’m still full with the boiled spider-eagle eggs.”

Gon gave her one of those looks and she concluded someone with a big appetite will not comprehend.

Then Killlua ran towards the sideline and leaned towards the glass window panes. “Cool!” he beamed and called Gon and Luna to join him. “Look at the lights. They’re like stars.”

Like a curious little kid, she followed him near the window. She was immediately enthralled by the glittering lights that appeared to be like what Killua had described though she highly doubted that they could hover above the stars.

“What are those?” She placed her palm flat to the glass as if she wanted to pick one sparkling gem and stuffed it in her pocket.

“You’re joking right?” Killua peeled his eyes away from the lights only to look at her with one eyebrow higher than the other.

She faced him. “I don’t joke… I don’t know any joke.” Then she began wondering “Wait! Did I tell a joke?”

Killua facepalmed, “No… but you’re a joke.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” Luna felt her face heating up.

“I can’t even believe you’re real.” He deadpanned.