Release

A/N: I’m SO sorry about the slow update! We go to civilian life in three weeks and we had to do an inventory on my husband’s military gear and some packing. But, nonetheless, an update is here and I’ll be starting the chapter after this today too :) Also, I just want to thank everyone who is reading/voting/commenting! It means so much! Happy reading!

                We spent the night at the beach house. Well, I stayed in the master suite, Ian stayed down the hall. Mom, Dad, April, Josh and Bella came over for a while to say goodbye and have dessert with us, but left right after. I was planning on coming back after everything was said and done with the FBI and Hayley…especially if things went well with Ian.

                We arrived at the airport at six in the morning and we were met by the Senator’s jet only an hour later. By noon, we were sitting in the conference room waiting for Agent Miller to come in and question me. On my left side was Mr. Taylor, the Senator’s lawyer. He was a tall, clean cut man who wore a black suit. His black hair was slicked back and his glasses sat on the bridge of his nose. He assured me that I wouldn’t be taken advantage of, but I also reminded him that I’ve done nothing wrong and I had every intention of answering every question.

                Agent Miller and a younger woman walked swiftly through the door and sat down at the table. “I apologize for the wait. This is Agent Singer, she will be taking notes and recording this conversation.” I sank in my chair. I felt a little relief that Ian was there sitting beside me. “How long have you known Hayley Tanner?”

                “About six years…I met her two years after I moved to New York.”

                “Were you a nanny for the Keiser’s then?”

                “Yes. I just started working for the Keiser’s when I met Hayley.”

                “Tell me about the nature of your employment.”

                “I worked Monday through Friday, sometimes a Saturday here and there. Mrs. Keiser stayed at home while she worked and I stayed with the kids during the summer and when they were at school, I helped her with her work and picked up and dropped off the kids to and from school. I only saw Senator Keiser when there was a school function with the kids or if he was hosting a dinner party.”

                “What were your hours?”

                “Usually six to five. Saturdays varied with their schedule.”

                “Did you ever vacation with them?”

                “No.” With each question, I was getting more and more confident that I was looking like an innocent victim.

                “These are her employment records,” said Mr. Taylor sliding a manila folder across the table.

                “Thank you,” replied Agent Miller. “During your time of employment, has Ms. Tanner ever been invited inside the house?”

                “No. I like to keep my professional and personal lives separate.”

                “Can you tell me about these transactions from your account to hers?” He slid a piece of paper across the table to me with a pen. I looked at all the lines that were highlighted. I marked all of the highlighted lines with either “rent” or “groceries” or “headshots” and other things like that. I pushed the paper back and waited for a response.