Nerves

I always thought that Ian's kindness was because he was overcompensating for something. After last night's festivities, I knew he wasn't overcompensating for...that. It was amazing. Breath taking. Pure bliss. I had never had this much satisfaction when I was with Brian. Ian made me feel beautiful and wanted. He was very attentive and selfless.

                I could feel the hotel blankets brush up against my naked body as I shifted ever so slightly. I slowly opened my eyes and realized that Ian wasn't lying next to me. Instead, he was in the armchair closest to the window with his eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he tapped away on his laptop. He was only wearing gray sweatpants. I bit my bottom lip as my eyes traveled up his perfectly chiseled torso, mentally counting his abs.

                "You work too hard," I said quietly, breaking his concentration. He glanced over at me, his face relaxed and smiled.

                "I thought you'd never wake up." I glanced at the clock which was on his nightstand, reminding me that it was two in the afternoon. My cheeks grew hot. He stood up and slid into the bed next to me, wrapping his arms around me. His skin was cold to the touch, giving me that extra jolt. He kissed my forehead and propped himself up on his elbow and rested his head on his head. "Tess..." His voice trailed off, leaving that awful pit in the bottom of my stomach.

                "Please don't," I replied, squeezing onto him tighter.

                "We both know we're taking this too fast." I closed my eyes.

                "I don't regret anything." He chuckled, much to my annoyance. It was funny that I was still in ecstasy over last few days?

                "I don't either." I relaxed a little bit but refused to open my eyes. "But again, I want this to last..."

                "So we'll make it last. In case you haven't noticed, Ian, I've had a crush on you since day one." He was tracing circles on my back with his fingertips, making my skin erupt into goosebumps.

                "Let's say we do this--

                "We're doing this," I responded, cutting him off. He chuckled once more.

                "Okay, well I know you have a busy schedule...how do you think you're going to pencil us in?" That was a very good question. I haven't even gone to see my agent, Theresa yet or Roger. I frowned.

                "I could scale back on some shoots and I can come home once a month and you can come here once a month...?"

                "It's a start," he said quietly. He was holding something back. I could feel it in the atmosphere.

                "Last night when you said that taking things slow would be a blessing in disguise for both of us...what did you mean by that?" His whole body tensed.

                "Like I said, I tend to rush into things and that's when it's over before it even starts. You just came out of a relationship...a relationship that in the end hurt you no doubt and now there's this whole investigation going on...look. I think you're incredible and alluring and mysterious which only makes me want you more. You're dangerous to a guy like me and I before we go jumping into this head first, I just want to make sure that you know what you're getting yourself into." Did he think I was the one night stand kind of girl? "You're dangerous to a guy like me..." What was that supposed to mean?

                "I'm not the hit it and quit it kind of girl..."

                "That was not what I was implying," the smile beaming from his voice. "I want to be with you."

                "Then be with me." This time, I detached myself from his body and looked into his eyes. He hesitantly smiled. "Is there any reason why you don't want to be with me?" He shook his head and sighed.

                "Tess," he whispered quietly. "There are a thousand reasons why we shouldn't be together." I could've swore my heart was breaking once again. "But," he interrupted my train of thought, "there are a million reasons why we should." He took my hand in his and kissed the back. "In my book, the good always trumps the bad." I weakly smiled. It was a nice gesture, really. I could tell that he was holding back and maybe having some doubts.

                I turned over, my back facing him. I was about to become distraught. I felt like the most undesirable woman in New York. I could feel the heat of his body before he even touched me. His hand found my waist, gently applied pressure which caused me to turn over. "I'm being sincere you know." The corners of my mouth twitched.

                "Are you having doubts?" He shook his head.

                "No doubts. I'm a little nervous, though."

                "You shouldn't be."

                "You're amazing." I scrunched up my nose. "I promise you that this will work."

                "I know it will."

A/N: I know. I'm terrible. BUT! I have the whooolllllleeeeee weekend to post up a longer chapter! This one was just a fluff. Anyway, as things unfold for Ian and Tess in the next few chapters, more secrets start to come forward. What do you think about Ian? Do you think he's hiding something too?