Chapter 10 (Edited)

Trent Gabriel de Santis.

The name immediately popped on her mind. Then came the memory of his voice. Melted dark chocolate with a heavy dose of sexy husky tone. That's how she described it. Even if they were arguing eighty out of one hundred percent of their time on the phone, she wouldn't forget the sound of his voice.

Nanatili siyang nakatitig dito.

The voice matched the man perfectly. He stood with an air of confidence and arrogance at the same time that it made everything about him very intimidating. Hell, maging siya ay na-o-overwhelm sa presensya nito lalo na't ilang dangkal lamang ang layo nila sa isa't isa.

"Cat got your tongue?"

Alice flinched when he broke the silence with that remark.

Nanliit ang mga mata niya nang mapansin niya ang ekspresyon sa mukha nito. The smug bastard was obviously preening over the fact that he got her speechless with just looking at him.

What a prick.

She raised her chin defiantly and as regally as she could, offered a stiff hand and said in a formal tone, "Mr. De Santis, I'm Alice dela Cruz."

Mas lalo siyang naasar nang makita ang tila pagkaaliw sa mga mata nito. The jerk was silently laughing at her.

Bumalik ang inis na naramdaman niya nang nagtatalo sila sa telepono. He was really enjoying making fun of her.

"It's a pleasure meeting you in person, Ms. Dela Cruz," ginaya nito ang pormal niyang tono niya ngunit halatang hindi ito seryoso. "Finally, I met the woman behind the very ingenious argument over hotel linen."

She frowned and stared at him sharply. "Excuse me? It was not my fault that you were so picky on colors." Dinuro niya ito sa dibdib. "Hindi tayo mag-aaway kung hindi mo palaging kinokontra ang mga desicions ko."

"Now I'm the picky one?" Nagtaas ito ng kilay. "Who insisted to change the color of the duvet three times? Woman, they won't give a damn about the sheet colors when they're pawing at each other."

She scrunched her face. "Eack. I'll pretend I didn't hear that." She pushed slightly at his chest and jumped down from the table when he backed up a little. Inayos niya ang kanyang damit, smoothing the wrinkles. "Well," she said with a sigh. "Now I met my cousin's soon-to-be-husband's brother. Nice meeting you. And I really need to go."

He leaned against the table. "Kung ako sa'yo, I wouldn't show up on my cousin's pre-wedding party with that." Itinuro nito ang pasa sa kanyang braso.

"Okay lang. Hindi na naman ako babalik doon. I think I had enough fun for tonight."

"So you call being pawed by a stranger in public 'fun'?"

Kumunot ang noo niya. "H-Hey! I thought he was nice," she muttered. Nainis siya sa sarili nang ma-realize that she sounded defensive and guilty.

"Nice? Baby, nice is overrated."

Namula siya. Agad niyang sinita ang kanyang sarili. So what if he called me...that?

Baby din naman ang tawag sa kanya ng tatay niya, ah.

Well, duh. Does he look like your father to you?

She looked at him in defeat. Nope. He looked like a freaking Greek god from Olympus.

How can this world be so unfair?

She shook her head and straightened her back. "I have to go. Good night, Mr.de Santis."

---tbc---