Chapter 41 (Edited)

Tumitig si Alice sa repleksiyon niya sa salamin. She pursed her lips and grabbed the glass of wine sitting on a small table inside the spacious fitting room.

The door opened a little and Rissa peeked her head in. Nang makita nitong nakabihis na siya ay pumasok na ito ng tuluyan at isinara ang pinto.

"Well?" anito at sumandal sa pinto habang sinusulyapan ang dress na suot niya.

Alice returned to staring at her reflection. "Well what?"

"Come on, ate. What do you think of that dress?"

"Hmm. It's rather... inappropriate? I think. I look like a hooker in this, Rissa."

Rissa chuckled and surveyed the little bit if clothing she had on. Kung damit ngang matatawag iyon. It was a strappy white dress that about covered her breasts, her backside and little of her thighs. Her back was bare as was her abdomen.

"A classy hooker," pagtatama nito. "And because it's white, a classy virginal hooker."

"Great. Nice play on irony there. Pero I'm not wearing this, young lady. This is probably banned in several states. I'll probably burn in hell."

"Chill, granma," nakangising sabi nito. "You haven't seen the other dresses yet. Madami pang magagandang pagpipilian sa mga iyon. Just take your time, Ate."

"You know, mas nakakapagod pa itong ginagawa natin keysa pag-gawa ng fifty-item test at table of specifications," aniya at inayos ang pagkakatali ng buhok.

Naroon sila sa boutique para sa final fitting ng dresses. That was finished about an hour ago. Walang naging problema sa area na iyon. But now, the three girls were determinedly finding Alice the perfect dress for the said bachelorette party.

"Okaaay. You are speaking the teacher alien language now. But! I still have another dress for you." Inabutan siya ni Rissa ng isang itim na dress.

Bumuntong-hininga siya at nagpalit ng damit. "Does Amanda even know about this?" she grumbled as she pulled the zipper down her side.

"Of course not! It's a secret and a surprise, ate." Tinulungan siya nito sa zipper ng dress na ngayon ay nasa likuran.

Alice adjusted the thin straps and smoothed her hands down the silky fabric. Na-stress siya sa mahabang slit sa kaliwang side ng dress. Maling galaw lang niya and it would show a lot other than what's not supposed to be seen. It was just plain scandalous.

"Wow. This shop is full of slutty outfits, other than their crappy bridesmaid dresses. I'm amazed," puna ni Rissa habang pinagmamasdan ang suot niya.

Alice slumped her back and sat at the one-sitter sofa beside the table. "Hay... Pakiramdam ko ibebenta mo na ako mamaya sa may kanto."

Tumawa ito at sinubuan siya ng isang strawberry mula sa bowl sa tabi ng wine glass niya. "Have faith, Ate Alice. We'll find the right dress for you. One that will keep your dignity intact."

"Thank you."

Rissa chuckled and went out of the fitting room to fetch another dress. Sumandal si Alice sa sofa at in-adjust ang eyeglasses niya.

Saka niya naalalang hindi pa pala niya natatanong ang tatlong babae kung saan gaganapin ang party. Nawala na iyon sa isipan niya kaninang nagpaplano sila kung paano sosorpresahin si Amanda at kung anong pre-wedding gifts ang ibibigay nila rito.

May kumatok sa pinto bago iyon bumukas. "Try this one, Ate Alice." Rissa handed her the dress through the opening. "I-check ko lang kung ano'ng napili nila Ate Naeomi at Ate Shina."