Chapter 27 (Edited)

Hello, lovely people! Don't forget to visit our novella polls. :) -Lunah~

***

Habol ang hininga at namumula pa si Alice nang buksan niyang muli ang pinto ng main hall. Maingat niyang isinara ang pinto habang patingin-tingin kung mayroong nakakita sa kanya papasok.

Her hands immediately went to her hair, combing the mussed curls with her fingers. Her other hand smoothed her skirt down her thighs, remembering how Trent rumpled it up her thighs with his impatience. Another blush crept up her face.

How embarrassing!

This was the second time she had found herself in a very compromising situation with the very man she had initially planned to stay away from.

And Trent was so spontaneous, so compulsive that she didn't have time to work out his intentions before he start kissing her. Because when he did that--press his mouth on hers, his lips tasting, urging her own--she's a complete goner. All she could do is to respond to his sweet, intoxicating kisses and let her body melt against his hard one.

Alice's lips pressed into a thin line at that thought. She hated the fact that a man could reduce her into a being of touch, of emotions. With just a kiss!

Dumiretso siya sa bar ngunit wala roon si Marco. So she went to one of the large buffet tables and served herself a raspberry-colored punch. Huminga siya ng malalim pagkatapos kalahatiin ang laman ng kaniyang baso.

"Trouble in paradise?"

Gulat na nilingon niya ang magandang babae na tumabi sa kanya. Mayroon din itong hawak na isang baso ng punch.

"Sorry. I think I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Naeomi."

Inabot ni Alice ang nakalahad na palad nito at ngumiti. "Hi. I'm Alice."

Tumango-tango ito habang mataman na nakatingin sa mukha niya.

Alice's smile froze on the obvious scrutiny from the other woman. Parang inoobserbahan nito lahat ng kilos niya.

"So, Alice," sa wakas ay sabi ni Naeomi. "What's your role in this wedding? I'm a bridesmaid, by the way." Sumimsim ito ng punch.

"Ah, maid of honor. Pinsan ko ang bride." Medyo nagdadalawang-isip pa si Alice na kausapin ito dahil sa aloof na aura nito.

But the woman still looked beautiful in an elegant type. Her long black hair was arranged in a neat tight chignon above her head, her makeup is subtle, accentuating her face's features. She wore a blue silk blouse tucked in a black knee-length pencil skirt perfectly wrapped around a slender body.

"Amanda? Really? Best friends kami since college. So ikaw si Alice na pinaka-close niyang pinsan? Lagi ka niyang ikinikuwento sa'min."

Tumango siya. "Yup. That's me."

Nagulat siya nang biglang pumihit paharap sa kanya si Naeomi at diretsong tumingin sa kaniyang mga mata. "So Alice. What's your story?"

Saglit na natigilan siya sa biglang pagbabago ng approach nito. "H-ha?"

"Come on. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about."

This woman is very, very dangerous, was Alice's thought.

"Alice, I saw you leave the hall with Trent. So what's your story, huh?"

Natahimik si Alice at napahawak ng mariin sa baso habang hindi maialis ang tingin sa mga mata nito.

Ano ang sasabihin niya rito?

---tbc---