Chapter 44

Shout out to @thescorched a.k.a Naeomi, ang businesswoman na super crush si fafa Trent. Para rin kay @-Shinameh a.k.a Shina, the Chef; at kay @otaku07101599 a.k.a Maria Theresa "Rissa" Alba na partner-in-crime ni Alice. Never ko pa kasi kayong na-mention in one chapter so, heto na!

Mention ko na rin sina @coolgatt33, @HannahAlizzaJunio,
@jandi143, and
@ermzjc30.
I know may utang pa ako sa inyo. Malapit na, promise!

Xoxo
~lunah

***

Maagang nagising kinabukasan si Alice.

She yawned and stretched her body sinuously, her t-shirt-clad body sliding against the cool blush pink sheets on the bed.

Inabot niya ang kanyang cell phone mula sa bedside table nang makitang nagpa-flash ang notification light niyon. It meant she had unread messages.

She was suddenly excited and a big smile lightened her face when she saw Trent's name flashing on the screen. He sent her two messages.

She tapped the screen to open the first one. It was timed two hours after his call last night.

Uncle Lucian's being a goddamn prick again. See you soon, baby.

Natawa siya. He's being his surly self again. Pero naiintindihan niya ang pagkaasar nito sa uncle nito. She understod that famiglia is very important to the De Santis clan. But Lucian Vera is a slimy, self-centered and authoritative son of a bitch. Those were Jake's exact words when she asked him about it one time they talked.

She tapped on his other message and her smile widened at the same time as her cheeks reddened. It was sent an hour just before she woke up. It meant it was well past midnight on his side of the world.

Got set back by another meeting. Flight's delayed for a few hours. Wear that black lace against your skin for me, baby. And then we'll play.

Alice sighed and fell back on the bed. She smiled goofily at the ornate ceiling, her heart drumming fast in a familiar beat she's getting used to everyday that passed.

Ipinilig niya ang ulo sa hilera ng mga drawers sa kabilang sulok ng kaniyang kuwarto. One low table has a built-in vanity mirror framed by curved wood meticulously hand-made. Beside it stood a hanging closet two feet taller than her. It held her clothes perfectly hanged to avoid creases.