Ch. 8

Ch.7

Camp Half-Blood

When Thalia was sent back to her cabin by Perseus she immediately went to bed, falling asleep before her head even hit the pillow. When she awoke the next morning she was bombarded by questions from other campers about the quest, how she held the sky and how she and Artemis managed to trap Atlas back underneath his punishment. She told campers that Artemis was the one who defeated Atlas and she simply held the sky because she knew the prophecy said someone had to withstand the titan's curse. Unfortunately, that brought up the unfortunate question about the last line of the prophecy, where one of the quest members was supposed to die by a parent's hand. Not knowing what to say she just told the campers she had no idea. She couldn't exactly tell them her Patron saved Zoe, who happened to be his girlfriend; he blasted the fates, and then brought them all to the void for a meeting with Chaos. Thalia laughed to herself thinking of how crazy that night was. Her life had always been crazy, but now things had multiplied a hundredfold. She also began to worry about all the things Chaos had told them, the war with Gaia, the Giants and the other Primordial Gods. She wished she could talk to someone about it. But she was sworn to secrecy so she couldn't mention it to her Luke, her best friend and the person she always confided in. She also wished she could talk to Zoe. On the quest they had become very close, but unfortunately she was with the hunt, only gods know where. She figured she would talk to Perseus sometime soon. He said he was going to visit soon since they had much to talk about. She just didn't know when that would be.

For days this continued, the constant questions from campers and them following her like sheep. They all wanted to know what it was like to battle a Titan. Thalia didn't understand why they were excited, it sucked. Sure it sounds exciting but trying to fight something as powerful as an Olympian is not something she would do by choice. But she put up with the questions knowing the campers were just naïve and curious.

After escaping the campers and their constant questions which had continued for the fifth day straight, Thalia snuck back into her cabin to avoid all the attention. People were pestering Luke too but he seemed to enjoy the spotlight a lot more than her and she was more than fine with that. When she walked through her cabin door, she jumped about 5 feet back with a very girlish yelp. Perseus was lying on her bed with his feet up on the bedpost.

"Gods! Don't do that Perseus. You nearly gave me a stroke." She shrieked.

Perseus began to chuckle, "Sorry Thalia, but I can't exactly stroll into the dining pavilion during breakfast and say we need to talk later."

"Couldn't you just do that mind speech thing you do with me?" Thalia asked exasperated.

"I could, but then I would miss learning how you scream like a 12 year old girl when you get surprised." Perseus replied laughing.

In response he received a death glare.

Perseus put his hands up in surrender, still smiling.

"Anyways, what brings you to the Zeus cabin in the middle of the afternoon?" Thalia asked.

"Well I told you I would visit. We need to talk. Not here though, care to go for a walk?" Perseus replied.

"Umm...where? We can't exactly go strolling around camp." Thalia said with an eyebrow raised.

Perseus rolled his eyes, "Umm.. Hello?... Primordial God here. The question is where do you want to go? Anywhere in the world."

Thalia's eyes widened, "Anywhere?"

"Other than here and Olympus, you name it." He replied with a smile.

"How about Paris? I've always wanted to see the Eifel Tower." Thalia said excitedly.