Ch.11

Ch.11

The minute the alarms went off, Camp Jupiter sprang into a flurry of actions while Perseus, Zoe and Lupa were inside Lupa's home in the city of New Rome.

Perseus turned to Zoe, "Go. Help your sisters. They will need you leading them in battle."

He then gave her a quick but passionate kiss before she ran out the door to find the hunters.

Perseus turned to his mother, "For now I will find a shady spot to snipe monsters. When the battle gets intense I will enter the fray."

Lupa nodded, "I must gather my pack, we will attack from the outer edges of the battle."

Perseus gave his mother a hug before vanishing into a shadow and reappearing at the edge of the field of Mars. Just the name of this field made his blood boil and his thirst for vengeance grow. Monsters and Titans would be paying the price, at least for today.

He looked around to see Zoe and hunters taking positions in the archway of the entrance into New Rome. He saw a boy and a girl leading a small army to the edges of the battlefield. The boy had blonde hair and blue eyes while the girl had long dark hair and dark brown, almost black eyes. He knew the boy was Jason Grace, Thalia's brother. He would have to make sure he made it through the battle; he would never forgive himself if Thalia never got to see her brother again.

The girl Perseus assumed was Jason's girlfriend and his fellow Praetor Reyna, a daughter of Bellona. He assumed she would be a good warrior. Despite her mother being a minor Roman War Goddess, his mother had told him she was a fierce warrior who could give most Olympians a run for their money on the battlefield.

The Titan Army was approaching camp from the other side of the Field of Mars. In the lead were the Titans Perses and Krios. Both would be tough, but nothing Perseus couldn't handle. What worried him was the army of monsters behind them. At least five thousand strong made up of Cyclops, Hellhounds, Dracaena, Laistrygonian Giants, and a few drakons. A formidable force considering Camp Jupiter only has around 150 campers plus the 10 hunters.

This could be bad Perseus thought to himself.

When he looked back at the campers he saw a separate force marching up beside the campers. They were older, some as old as 40. Perseus smiled as he realized the retired Legionnaires were joining the fight to defend their city, like true Romans. They had a force of around 200 soldiers, more than doubling the forces of the camp. It made him proud to be a Roman.

Although things still looked bleak, what everyone didn't know was that they had a Primordial God of Battle hidden off to the side, aching for real combat after thousands of years of training.

Perseus decided he needed to even out the odds and he had a plan.

As the armies closed in on each other he saw Perses step forward to address the Praetors.

He knew nothing useful would be said. He wanted to jump up and kill the Titan immediately but needed to stay hidden.

Then something happened that made him grin ear to ear.

An arrow flew out of the archways and lodged into the Titan's leg, dropping him to a knee.

When Perseus looked at the archway he saw the love of his life with a smug smile on her face. She yelled down at the Titan, "Save your words Titan, we will not surrender the city to your army. This is Rome, we will fight to the last soldier." The Praetors looked shocked, but smiled and nodded their heads in agreement to her statement.

Perseus smiled. She truly was his perfect woman, beautiful, smart, tough, and thoroughly badass.

Perses on the other hand looked enraged. He turned back to his army and bellowed, "Tear this city to the ground! No survivors and no prisoners."