Ch. 12

Ch.12

"MOM!" Perseus screamed.

When Perseus saw his mother impaled by the sword of Krios he snapped. He grabbed Zoe's hand and appeared by his mother's side before Krios could even pull his sword out. His eyes were pitch black orbs of blazing fire.

He let go of Zoe and grabbed the Titan by the throat, lifting him a foot off the ground. Surrounding his body was an aura of darkness darker than the darkest black that radiated and pulsed around him. He ran forward still holding Krios by the throat and slammed the Titan against a tree. A hunting knife materialized in his hand which he stabbed through Krios' shoulder pinning him to the tree. Another knife appeared in his hand which he impaled into the Titan's other shoulder, pinning him more securely to the tree. He then froze the Titan in place so he wouldn't have to worry about him trying to escape. He turned around and created a wall of darkness to block anyone from seeing him.

He quickly turned to his mother and Zoe, the fire extinguished from his eyes and the angry aura surrounding him vanished. He ran to his mother's side to see her smiling weakly at him.

"You're going to be fine Mom. I will heal you, just relax." Perseus said quietly.

Lupa chuckled at her son, "I know that, I may be a minor Goddess but I'm still a Goddess. The worst he could do is killing me until I reformed."

Zoe snickered at Lupa's words. Perseus glared at her which caused her to laugh harder.

Perseus took a couple deep breaths to calm himself. "Sorry, mother I sometimes forget that. You, father, and Zoe are the only people I had in my life for millennia, the thought of losing any of you gets to me."

Lupa smiled at her son, "I know Percy, and you've always been such a momma's boy." She said while pinching his cheek softly.

Zoe fell on her back from her kneeling position laughing.

Perseus' face turned bright red before he started to glare at his mother. "You know, if you want, I can let you die and wait for you to reform."

Lupa glared back at her son. "You can't scare me with a glare you inherited from me. Now heal my wound, it's not exactly painless."

Perseus smiled at his mother before putting his hands over her wound and sending a steady stream of silver and dark energy into it. When he stopped her wound was completely healed.

She slowly got up before pulling her son into a tight embrace. "You truly are what every mother in the world wishes for in a son. I love you Perseus."

Perseus smiled back at her, before his eyes flashed with anger again. "He may not have been able to kill you permanently, but I can to him. And I will, rather painfully."Perseus said smiling evilly.

Lupa turned to Zoe and pulled her into a hug. "What you did to start the battle was priceless. You'll be a legend in New Rome for centuries." Lupa said with a laugh.

Perseus grinned at Zoe.

Perseus turned serious. "You two need to get back to your hunters and legionnaires." He then smirked, "I need a little private time with Krios."

Lupa and Zoe both shivered at the evil tone in his voice. Zoe remembered what happened to Perses and knew Krios would not be returning from his private time with Perseus.

Zoe and Lupa were both swallowed by shadows and disappeared to different parts of New Rome.

Perseus turned to the frozen form of Krios; he waved his hand releasing him from the time spell.

"Who are you? Release me now. You are no match for a Titan." Krios yelled but fear was evident in his voice.

Perseus chuckled darkly, "Me? I am Perseus, Primordial God of Hunting, Battle, Darkness, and Time."