↣ ten

ten - No Light

A puff of air releases from her plum lips as Lexi takes a seat in the drivers side of the car, pulling her door close in the process.

Her tenuous fingers pulled the zipper of her bag to retrieve her Samsung Note 6. Once turned on, that's when the dozen notifications presume to the surface and immediately grabbing Lexi's attention.

They were all from Noah.

She decided to call him instead of listening to the following voice mails that were left with the calls.

After a few rings, he answered. ''Hey Noah, finished like an hour earlier than the other's so I'm officially free. I was thinking we could chill at the comic book store and do the reruns of old horrible slasher-''

''Lexi..'' Noah breathes out, hearing his voice echoing throughout the background.

''Lexi you need to come down to the old bowling alley pass the crossroads.''

With a sly and confused smile growing on her lips, she furrows her brows and chuckles softly ''What? Why?''

''I can't explain now but get here.. Please?''

Relaxing from her confused state, Lexi gnaws on her bottom lip. ''Okay. Is everything okay?''

''As of right now, no. It's most likely to worsen.''

She looked down at her lap and shook her head. ''Now I'm definitely on my way.''

× × ×

''Daisy, Daisy, Give Me You're Answer Do, Daisy, Daisy..''

The creepy melody played throughout the abandoned hang out.

Lexi stood in the middle of the lanes, her brown locks shifting back and forth in different directions as her bulge brown orbs nervously gaze around the lonesome illuminating darkness.

''Noah! Emma!'' Lexi calls while she takes a step forward, rubbing her forearm as a reaction from the fire lit feeling burning her abdomen.

''Lexi?''

Behind the lanes, Lexi can spot the familiar blonde she clearly knew would have a clue of what the purpose was behind all of this.

''What the hell is going on?'' She exclaims over the continuing music as she walks over to her.

''I don't know. Jake is missing, we just found Will-''

Lexi grabs a grip on the available flesh of Emma's arm to pull her back. ''You just found Will? W-what do you mean by that? And why is Jake here?''

''It's a lot to explain, trust me but we need to go turn off that music and play this'' She dismissed quickly, displaying a tape with the words 'play me' on the back.

The two teens jogged towards behind the counter and ended the horrible lyrics that stuck into the mind of Lexi Marra. Her friends could probably say the same as for that matter.

Emma slipped in a different tape, the two taking a seat on the ground as they listened in.

''How have you been sleeping Kevin?''

''I keep having nightmares.''

''About the attack?''

''About them. Together. I can't get that image out of my head. Hiding in that bowling alley. I know I let her down, I know I hurt her, but how could she sleep with that monster?''