THE LONE WOLF AND THE DETECTIVE Chapter 3

Deeks and Kensi waited for Sam to turn up and for Versey to appear. He fidgeted and Kensi shook her head and smiled.

"You know, I should put you and Milly in day care together. You could keep each other company with your fidgeting."

A smile hinted at the edge of his lips, "then you wouldn't need to put her in day care. She'd be in Daddy Care. The best care in the world." His smile widened. "We can go on pretend car chases, shoot the bad guys and Milly can ninja attack them until they're unconscious."

Kensi's mouth dropped, horror spread across her face, "you wouldn't?"

He nodded. "Oh we would, and here would be the safest place in the world . And after the end of a hard day's work, we'll curl up in front of the T.V. watching cartoons, eating donuts and ice-cream, all smothered over our faces. And you would come home all achey and grumbly after missing us all day and join us."

He touched her heart and she leaned in to kiss him.

A knock on the window made them both jump.

"You're supposed to be on surveillance, not making a sibling for Milly." Sam glared at them, then his dimples deepened when he began to chuckle. He climbed into the back seat, "the look on your faces was priceless."

Both Deeks and Kensi blushed, they'd let their guard down for but a moment, and Sam had caught them out. "We've been watching, what took you so long?"

"Had to make sure G ate his soup."

"Hetty's made him soup?" Deeks raised his brow, "he's going to need something stronger than soup to get him back to his strength."

"I agree, but it's a start." Sam sat back in the chair, "so what were you about to do?"

Deeks cleared his throat and gave Kensi a sideway glance.

Kensi kept her focus on the Medical Centre. "Deeks was telling me a story to keep me entertained."

"You falling for that move again, Kens? Haven't you learned from the last time, when he got you pregnant with Milly?"

"I was telling her a story about Milly."

Sam shook his head, "way to go, Deeks. Smooth move on the Mrs, anything to get her barefoot and pregnant again."

A wry smile crept across Deeks' face, "two would be fun."

"Two is hard work," Sam reminded them. "Both of you are an only child, you have no idea what you'll be in for. One is a shock, two is bedlam."

"I can do bed-lam." Deeks winked over to Kensi, she snorted at his joke.

"You two are crazy. No wonder Hetty split you up. You're like newly weds, still on your honeymoon after how long?"

"Fourteen months and three days." Kensi looked at Deeks impressed.

"Precisely. You should be arguing by now."

"You know, Kens, no matter how many you have, you'll always have an extra child to take care of."

"Hang on a minute," Deeks interjected. The lawyer in him peered out through his scruffy facade. "I am not a kid, I am, if I might remind you, a lawyer and a damn good detective. You might be the extra child for Michelle, but I can take care of myself."

"Touché," Kensi responded. She was proud of him for standing up for himself against Sam.

Sam smiled at him, "good, because I need you to be the tough lawyer and detective when we go to Romania. I need to make sure you'll be focused to have G's back."