THE LONE WOLF AND THE DETECTIVE Chapter 13

Everyone watched Callen closely, particularly Deeks and Sam. Both men felt responsible for him the most, although his father sat in the corner whispering with Ava and Sal. Callen paced the room, his level of anxiety grew with each step. He'd walk the length of the abandoned warehouse and then stare at their captive.

Luca Comescu continued to sit quietly with a blindfold over his eyes. He sensed the tension from the one who spoke with anger and was filled with grief. He still had no idea what this was about.

Nikita decided to take it into his hands and walked over to his son. "Moy syn. You need to calm down, reserve your energy."

Callen glared at him, "I've told you never to call me that." Anger radiated from him towards his father.

Luca knew a very little Russian and picked up part of the conversation. But the mixed languages spoken since he had arrived at this location had him puzzled. What was going on?

"It will never change the fact of who you are, Georgi. You are my son, I did everything I possibly could to protect you and your sister from all of this. What do I have to do to prove to you how much you mean to me?" Nikita was heart broken, it tore at his heart strings to see his son in this state of rage and grief.

"There is nothing you can do, it's too late." Callen began to pace again and stopped in front of Luca.

"Why should I spare you?" He now spoke in Romanian, his accent was perfect, surprising Luca. He'd heard him speak three languages so far and suspected he could speak many more, in particular, English.

"If you are going to kill me, I think I deserve to know why? What have I done? Is this because I brought a girl into the family home? Did my brother, Andrei, send you to scare me into submission? I will not stoop low to his standards and be ruled by a wild bear." Luca replied in English, surprising everyone there. His composure remained calm, he'd become used to his brother and father's abuse since his arrival in Constanta a year earlier. He had no love for either of them and he was trying to figure out a way to leave and never return.

Callen's eyes widened, his lips parted ready to respond, but he hesitated. He looked over to Granger who had told them that this one had nothing to do with what happened to his wife and child. But Luca had revealed that he was Andrei's brother.

"Blood for blood," slipped from Callen's lips before he could retract. "Your brother killed my wife and unborn child. No one had the decency to tell her why she was to be gunned down outside our house. Why should I spare you?"

"I am sorry for your loss. If Andrei has killed them, he should be the one to pay. Else he will continue to hurt others." A shiver ran down Luca's spine, this man felt strongly in his resolve to make his brother pay, he wanted vengeance. "But killing me won't make Andrei do anything to stop his ways. There is no love between us. I was two when I moved to Marseille with our mother. Andrei was twelve and he stayed here with our father. They are alike, but I've had the love of our mother, I am nothing like them, nor do I wish to be part of whatever secretive things he does."

"Why are you here?" Callen growled, what was the purpose of having a Comescu to bargain with or kill for vengeance if he wasn't really one of them?

"My father forced me to come to work for his business."

"What business? Weapon trading, money laundering, slavery?"

Luca shook his head, "no. None of that. I help people set up their own business."

Callen heaved out a heavy breath, he fisted his hands by his side, the need to punch someone was great. This one was innocent, he couldn't harm him.