THE LONE WOLF AND THE DETECTIVE Chapter 5

Callen entered the Boat Shed, Deeks watched his every move. He saw the image of the suspect in the interrogation room, he wanted in.

"You can sit here and only here," Deeks warned him, he gave him a look to ensure he understood it.

Callen shifted his eyes to meet his and nodded.

"Good." Deeks turned to Sam, "party time."

Sam gave Callen a sideway glance as he followed Deeks into the room. He worried what this interrogation would do to Callen. He sat in the corner, giving Deeks front seat to the action.

"You! What are you doing here?" Coleman looked at him. "You're LAPD, why are you in this dump?"

"Oh you've seen nothing yet, this ain't no dump. You should see our other locations, they're riddled with cockroaches and rats, that will eat you alive. This is grand in comparison.

"I've done nothing wrong. I've been falsely arrested."

"Who's this man?"

Coleman looked at the image of Callen and shrugged, "dunno."

"Dunno? Is that the best you can give us?" Deeks slammed his hand down on the table, making Coleman jump.

"We have video proof that as you were leaving Cedar-Sinai Medical Centre on September the second, that you gave him a double take and decided to follow him and his wife back into the building." Deeks heaved out a sigh, "now tell me, who is he?"

Coleman fidgeted, "I was asked to find out where he lived."

"By who?"

"Someone I owed money to."

"We want a name."

Coleman looked up at them, "I swear I've done nothing wrong, I had to find out where he lived, or..."

"Or what?" Deeks lost his temper, he yelled at their suspect.

"They'd skin me alive and sell my organs on the black market."

Deeks looked over to Sam, it sounded like the Comescus. "Name."

"Andrei Comescu."

Deeks looked up at the camera, he knew that Callen must be seething in the main room.

"Did he visit you personally?"

"Yes, he came to Los Angeles, said the man had killed his cousins."

Deeks hauled the man from off the metal chair and threw him against the wall, "Andrei Comescu killed his pregnant wife, how does that make you feel now?"

Fear entered Coleman's eyes, "I didn't know..."

"You lie. You followed them to her Obstetrician appointment, you told Andrei that his wife was pregnant, didn't you?"

The man shook, "okay, yes, I did."

Deeks squeezed his throat, "I should kill you with my bare hands."

Sam stepped in and pulled Deeks off him, "he's not worth it."

Marty Deeks pulled back, "no he's not. But you will pay for what you've done."

"Why? What's this man got to do with you?"

The door opened, Callen stood in the doorway. He looked at Deeks with desperation. "Leave me alone with him."

"G, no. We can't let you in here." Sam stepped forward to prevent Callen from going any closer to Coleman. "He's just a snitch, he's not worth destroying your life and your career over."