The Rivalry

Detective Waters

I stepped out of the interrogation room only to see my discriminatory partner Detective Ash standing there.
"Yes Sir"
He glared at me with a stern face
"You sit this one out, I've got Henry"
I was completely mortified, I thought I'd handled myself greatly but had he thought otherwise?Did I do something wrong?Did I say the wrong things? Or maybe I gave Marie too much information on the case. These thoughts made me feel sad and sullen and on my face it most certainly showed.
"Don't get your panties in a bunch Waters, you did good but this guy a known asshole and you're s little to nice for him" he said making me feel much better about my insecurities.
"Okay sir" I said, a smile creeping up upon my face. He started to walk towards the interrogation room and in seconds disappeared within it.
Detective Ash

It was my problem to interrogate Henry, he was Harry's older brother but he was also the only child that knew of His Mother's Affair when she was married to his father but he was the most jealous person of Harry, he hated how much more attention he had gotten from his parents.
As I stepped into the interrogation room, the young man flashed a big smirk across his face.
"Hey old man, long time no see"
I ignored the ignorant comment and sat in front of him with nothing but a confession to get from him tonight, I knew it had to be him
"I know it was you Henry, just come clean"
He started to laughing making me angrier than I already was
"Like I said, it been a long time you still falling in love with married women, you know I know that you killed my father"
The young man was definitely delusional, I may have fallen in love with his mother while she was married to Ernest but I would've never killed him because of that
"If wasn't me son"
His face flooded with anger and rage from my statement
"You wish I was your fucking child!"
He yelled bringing me closer to his confession
"You always had anger issues Henry, some people just don't change especially you and being a horrible liar"
He Sat back in his seat knowing that he had incriminated himself with one single action
"Look you old mule, I'm going to tell you how this is going to go, you're going to say I killed my brother because we argued over who should run the business our father left to us both and then I'm going to say something and then I'm going to walk out that damn door"
I was very pleased with Henry he actually knew what he was talking about for once in his life
"Very good Henry now explain your arguments with you younger brother Harry"
He rolled his eyes in the way teens do, No matter how old Henry got he was always immature
"Well we argued about who should run the company, Marie had run it into the ground until I was old enough to pick up where she left off, he thought that she should've been the best choice to run the company because of her mechanical skills and I thought that I was the one who should run it since I went to business school and actually know how to manage a fortune 500 company"
This information had shocked me at the least, Harry actually believed that Marie should've ran the company and Henry thought that he himself should've ran the company
"Well thank you Henry but I need you to tell me what happened on Christmas Day"
His eyes started to fill with small rivers shining a deep blue as he broke down
"We had dinner at home, opened presents, Harry rushed to the bathroom with Luke and I went outside to smoke a cigarette and soon Howard was outside with me. He told Marie that he was talking to his girlfriend but he said something about pictures then he said something about behind the toilet and then we heard Luke and Harry arguing and fighting in the bathroom, I heard a window burst open, I rushed in the house while Howard ran towards the window and next thing you know both Luke and Howard were in the living room bloody"
This information was new. Why hadn't Marie spoke of this, was she trying to protect Howard?
"Okay thank you for your cooperation"
"I don't want to help you with this case but. I think the guy your looking for is Howard"
"Thanks see you around Henry"
"You got that right old man"
"I look forward to it boy, I think you behind bars would be the greatest sight in my life"
He strutted out of the interrogation room with a middle finger raised, thank god it was over, it was time for me to go home and rest, I stepped out of the cold room and the first thing I saw was Marie
"Detective Ash"
Before she could continue I rested my finger over my lips bring her voice to A hushed tone
"Not now, not here Marie"
I walked away leaving her to stand there. Entering the Break Room I walked up to the Juvenile Detective
"Waters get ready you've got two more interrogations to do tonight"
A look of pure confusion crept up on his face
"But Sir what about what Henry said, you know about you killing Ernest"
I had to stop him right there, he had no idea what he was talking about and he was too young to realize it
"Don't go sticking you're nose in things that don't concern you, Rookie, I'm going home I'll see you tomorrow"
I paced out to my '84 Mustang and sped off leaving everything to eat my dust