The Little Prince

Detective Waters

While Detective Ash went home I continued to interrogate suspects. There was only Howard Rails and Luke Rails left for me to interrogate.
Although I had a job to do I decided that I would investigate Henry Rails's Statement. I ran up to Henry as soon as he was out of custody in hopes to prove his theory wrong.
"Henry Rails can I have a word with you"
He chuckled a bit and then his face was as hard as rock, he stood statuesque and looked at me.
"Look Cop I already went through the interrogation and I'm free to go so leave me alone" He started to fiddle with his key to his Silver Jaguar,before hopping in and revving the engine
"I want to help you find your father's killer"
He turned the engine off in a speedy motion,getting out of the car he slammed the door and towered over me
"I know who killed my father,it was Detective Ash" my mind was blown although I'd heard this same statement minutes ago
"But Detective Ash is an officer of the federal government"
His eyes engulfed with rage burned into my souls after I'd spoke, I was scared out of my mind,but I had to defend Ash
"Everybody has to get their hands dirty sometime in their lives, you just aren't there yet"
He got back in the car and sped off. After he left I was completely full of confusion. Henry's behavior showed me that his anger could possibly take him over the edge making me feel like maybe he was capable of killing his brother and what on earth did he mean by everyone has to get their hands dirty at some point of their lives . One thing was for sure, there was something going on, and I was going to figure it out.
"Waters you have Howard in the interrogation room waiting"
I looked up from my desk and glared at my assistant Ashley
"Thanks I'll be there in a second"
I arose from my seat after a minute or so and speedwalked to the interrogation room. Once I disappeared within the void the first thing I saw was the Howard Rails, heir to his Brothers fortune and his successor
"I'm sorry for your lost Howard"
He glared at me, building tension within the room
"You have no idea how much you're wasting your time with me, It wasn't me, Why on earth who I kill someone who's given me so much"
I had to take what Howard said into consideration,he did have a point but so did I
"Being the heir of Harry's Fortune gives you all the more reason to kill him, get your fortune a bit faster,"
He started to shake his head in disbelief,he thought that my theory was foolish but it made perfect sense.
"Also you were the successor of his position in the company,maybe you killed him so that you could get a better job faster, pay off some of those gambling debts"
Now he was furious, steam practically oozing out of his pores
"You're dumber than you look Detective, I am in debt for college, unlike anyone in my family I actually worked hard for everything I have, and like I said it wasn't me, I stay loyal to my loved ones,do you Detective Waters?"
He Glared at me, his blue eyes seering into my soul and I had no idea why he would ask me such a question but with him disproving everything we had on him,he was free to go but I wasn't ready to let him go just yet
"Tell me about the night your brother died"
Well we ate the disgusting crap my mother calls Christmas Dinner, then we opened presents, Harry got a phone call and walked to the bathroom to take it, with Luke trailing behind him, Henry stepped outside to smoke a cigarette or two to cope with our Mother, and I went and sat on the porch swing, we could hear Luke and Harry arguing then glass shattered but I thought nothing of it, until I heard Luke scream, I ran back there to see what was happening and the killer ran past me, but I left him with a battle wound, I stabbed him in his left leg and ran back to the front to see what happened"
I could tell Howard was telling the truth however,there were a few things I gained from the conversation
"So when Luke and Harry would argue, things would usually be broken"
"I never said that Detective, don't try to twist my words,they argued often I just figured that the window broke because someone got angry and hit it"
His explanation was sufficient for the situation however I had one more question for the young Prince of the Rails family
"Who were you talking to on the phone?"
He started to chuckle at the question
"I was talking to my mother, she didn't tell you that"
The audacity of this kid,lying in front of my eyes
"Actually Howard, your mother told me that you were talking to your girlfriend"
He sighed at my statement, soon his sigh turned into a hearty laugh
"That Bitch"
I was confused more than words could explain.Why would he say that about his mom?, and why would he laugh about what I said?
"Is there something you would like to tell me?"
He looked at me as if I was losing my mind,being that I was mistaken
"My mother and Henry are Homophobic, they hated Harry for being gay and they hated him even more after I came out,they blamed him for it, I'm not in a relationship Detective so if I were you I would heavily consider interrogating her again but Henry Was the one who threatened to kill Harry for being gay"
"What do you mean Threatened him?"
He glanced into the light about us and then back at me
"As far as I'm concerned I'm free to go,you cannot keep me here so I'll be going now"
He towered over the metal chair and headed for the door, looking devastated when I slammed the door before he could exit the room
"You aren't going anywhere until you tell me what I wanna know"
He breathing started to get shaky and heavy before he started to cry
"Henry told Harry he would kill him if he was the reason for me being gay okay, now I need to leave"
And with that, Howard stepped through a void and disappeared from the interrogation room