Chapter 1 A Man

A Man approached the town of Ylarc. This man stood at a fine 6 foot with a nicely chiseled face and black eyes. He wore black jeans and a plain black T-shirt, with a grey jacket that had a hood covering his head. On his hands were fingerless black gloves, on his back was a rugged brown backpack it only had one pocket and mostly packed with food and spare clothes. In between his back and pack was a sword sitting in the middle his shoulder blades. This sword was nothing special a simple sword that anyone could get and sharpened to a nice sharp point that could cut anything.

The man walked with long tall strides swiftly moving into the town. People said hello and merchants on the side of the street were yelling trying to draw in customers but he kept walking ignoring everyone. Though he turned his head to the left and saw an ally with a child in it. This child had torn white clothes, his face was covered in dirt. The kid had his knees to his chest with his elbows on them and his face buried. The man turned and walked toward the alley, he took his pack off and held it in his right hand. The kid looked up hearing footsteps and saw the man the kid instantly got up and moved away from him. The man then reached into his pack and pulled out a nice shiny apple. The kid moved slowly towards the apple and quickly grabbed it then moved back taking a bite out of it. Nither of them said a word in this interaction but they knew what they were thinking so the man simply put back on his pack and walked back onto the street.

The man continued to walk until he found an inn named "The Crown Arms". The man walked in, taking off the hood revealing black hair, and scanned the room. On the left there were men sitting at tables talking and laughing while drinking various alcohols. Against the wall on the right was a bar with more men drinking, talking, laughing, and a man standing behind it wiping down the counter and giving out drinks to the thirsty customers. The man walked to the bartender and spoke with a deep smooth voice.

"I need a room." He said.

The bartender looked up and pointed behind the man and spoke with a Irish accent. "Walk up them, stairs and ye'll find me brother at a desk he'll get ya set up."

"Thanks." The man turned around and made his way to the stairs and up them. The sounds of men faded away till it sounded like whispers once at the top he saw the bartenders brother behind a desk like he said. The brother leaned back in his chair with his feet up on the desk.

"I need a room." The man said.

"Hmm, ah" The brother looked up and realized the man was there. He quickly put his feet down straitened his chair and opened a drawer then grabbed a book out of it and opened the book to a page with multiple names and dates on it.

"We do have a room, but i'll need yer name and 5 gold."

The man took of his pack, reached in and pulled out a sack of gold then grabbed 5 gold out of it and placed it on the desk. "My names Jackson."

"Last name?" The brother said picking up the coins and placing them in his pocket.

"Don't have one." Jackson said.

The brother shrugged and said. "Yer room is 120 it's down this hall and to the left on the end Mr. Jackson."

"Alright thanks." Jackson said putting the sack back in the pack and on his back then walked down the hall till the end then to the left till he found room 120. He opened the door and walked in, Inside was a desk a light and a bed that's it but Jackson hasn't seen a bed in weeks so he took off his pack placed it next to the bed and fell asleep.