Chapter 1

Ok so this is my first attempt at a book. Please no hate I'm trying my best.

And just because this is my first book doesn't mean it's bad.

Comments are much appreciated.

Anyways, enjoy~

________________________________

"I dare you to go in."

"I'm not going in."

"Pleeeeaaaaase?" My best friend, Anna, begged.

"I said no." I crossed my arms looking at her. She had short red hair and deep blue eyes that looked like the ocean.

"Your too scared to go in aren't you, Mia?"

"I'm not scared."

"Uh-huh suuuuuuure."

"Ok fine I'll go in just to make you happy." I sighed uncrossing my arms.

I looked up at the huge white mansion. It has probably 3 floors and many windows. It was around midnight on Halloween, so I wasn't too excited to go into a 'haunted' mansion. But I didn't really have a choice now.

It's not like it'll be that bad. I mean, there's only going to be cobwebs and spiders right? Right.

I walked up to the huge pair of double doors. I took a deep breath and pushed them wide open. With a quiet creak the doors opened, letting a rush of cold air past me. I looked back at Anna who was smiling and giving me a thumbs up. I sighed and looked into the mansion, I couldn't see much due to the lack of light, but I could see a huge living room with many chairs and couches and a huge flat screen tv. Across from the living room was a kitchen that had granite counter tops and a long wooden table. Next to that was a tan wooden staircase that led to the second floor.

I slowly walked inside the mansion and turned around taking everything in. Then, with a rush of cold air, the doors closed, and it was completely dark.

Alec's POV:

"Hmm should it go here....or here? Or maybe here....? Ah ha! I'll put it here!" I placed a blue and white vase on one of my bookshelves and stood back to admire it.

"Perfect!" I clapped my hands together and walked to my room.

I heard a quiet creak and stopped walking.

"That's the door isn't it...?" I whispered to myself. I then heard soft footsteps and someone breathing.

"Well I wasn't expecting any guests." I walked downstairs and saw a girl. She had dark brown hair that went a little below her shoulders and light green eyes. Behind her the doors were opened and I saw another girl. This one had short red hair and deep blue eyes.

I ran passed the brown haired girl and closed the doors. I heard her gasp and turned to see her trip. "Ouch!" She yelled and stood up brushing the dirt off of her.

"H-hello? Anyone here?" Her voice was s little shaky, and she was trembling. "Hello?"

"You know, it's not nice to trespass." I smirked and she gasped again.

She started backing up, "Wh-who's th- Ah!" She tripped again and I sighed.

"What a clumsy girl." I muttered as I flipped the light switch.

My mansion immediately lit up and the girl covered her eyes.

"Wh-who are you? What are you doing here?" She asked as she stood up again and uncovered her eyes.