Chapter 8

Alec's POV

I slammed open the door my mansion and quickly smelled Mia's blood. Not bothering to close the door, I quickly followed the scent.

It lead to the library, I threw open the door and almost killed Nick right on the spot for want I saw.

He was holding Mia while sucking her blood. I saw her eyes still barely open and her skin was paler than before.

"Mia!!" I screamed running over to her. I pulled Nick off of Mia and held her in my arms.

"What did you do to her!" I shouted at Nick, my eyes turning a crimson red.

"I-I don't know..." Nick looked at his hands, obviously not in control of what he just did.

"Alec! Why did-"

I looked away from Nick and saw that Carol was standing in the door of the library, wide-eyed.

"Mia!!" She ran over to me. "What happened to her?!"

"Nick drank too much of her blood."

She looked at Nick then back at Mia. "I'll get Seth." She ran out the door without waiting for a reply.

In a little over a minute Seth was at the door, Carol standing next to him.

I looked up at him and he was staring at Mia sternly.

"I think she'll live." He looked up at me.

I nodded then heard a gasp. I looked up at Alina to see staring at some of Mia's blood that dropped to the floor.

I suddenly remembered that she's still a young vampire, so she can't control her hunger for blood if she sees it.

I looked at her eyes and they were flickering between blue and ruby. Her fangs slowly started to come out.

"Cameron!!" Seth shouted realizing Alina.

"I'm here. What happened?" Cameron appeared next to Carol in a second.

"I need you two to take Alina and get her out of here. She can't control her hunger right now."

Cameron and Carol shared a look then nodded. They took her hand and quickly ran out of the house.

"Alec, I need you to carry Mia to her room, while i look at something. And Nick-" He glanced at Nick and sighed. "We'll talk later, for now just leave."

With that, I took Mia in my arms and ran to her room. I set her on her bed as Seth came in with a knife.

"Whoa, what are you doing with that?" I asked, remembering that Mia could turn into a full vampire if she drank our blood.

"She's going to need blood."

"No. Not our blood."

"Why not?"

"I'll tell you later, just- not our blood."

Seth sighed, "Then I need you to get me blood, now."

I nodded and ran downstairs, trying to think where I could quickly get blood.

I have blood somewhere in my basement, right?

I quickly looked in the basement and found some bags of blood in one of the rooms. I grabbed 3 bags and ran back to Mia.

"How is she doing?" I asked as soon as I handed the bags to Seth.

"Her breathing is getting slower, but I think she'll live if we give her blood now." Seth tore open one of the bags. He opened Mia's mouth a bit with one hand and held the bag in the other.

The blood dropped into Mia's mouth, some of it landed around her mouth.

After Seth gave Mia 2 of the bags he turned to me. "We need to let her rest now, she'll probably be asleep for a while."

"Right...thanks Seth." He nodded and left, leaving me alone with Mia.

As soon as I was sure he was gone I turned back to Mia. "I am so sorry I left you alone with Nick. I am so, so sorry." I held one of Mia's hands with both of mine.

"You're so cold...." I mumbled to myself. "At least you won't turn into a complete vampire yet. You should choose anyway." I smiled slightly.

I let go of Mia's hand and lightly kissed her forehead. I sighed and left her room.

"So where's Alyssa?" Seth asked as I walked down the hall.

"No idea. Did you talk to Nick?"

"Not yet, I couldn't find him."

"It didn't seem like he was in control of what he did."

"You think by now he'd be able to control himself around blood." Seth sighed.

"No," I shook my head. "it didn't seem like that, it seemed like he was being controlled."

"Why do you-"

"Alec! Seth!" Carol came running toward us as we reached the living room.

"Don't worry, Mia is-"

"No! I'm not worried about Mia!" Carol spoke quickly. "Well I mean I am, but it's not important as this, well I mean I guess it-"

"Carol!" Seth put a hand on her shoulder. "Calm down."

Once Carol calmed down she continued. "It's Alina."

"What about Alina?" I asked starting to get worried.

"We were-" Carol started explaining then sighed. She looked Seth in the eye then me. "She's missing."

_____________________________

Again, sorry for such the short chapter, but I like making them end on cliffhangers :p

You all probably hate me for the cliffhangers though :3

I'm also going to start putting pictures of the characters, so it gives you a better idea of what they look like.

Anyway, don't forget to follow, comment, and vote please!

~Peace out~