Chapter 12

Alina's POV

"She's not healing...." Someone mumbled.

"W-who's there!?" I looked at the door to see Nick standing there. "N-Nick...?"

Nick gasped and looked me in the eye. He opened his mouth but nothing came out.

"Nick what's wrong? Why are you here?"

"She did this to you didn't she?" He struggled to talk.

"Yea..." I started sniffling.

"Why aren't you healing?"

"She gave me this liquid that won't let me heal for a while. And she said she's going to use me! Nick I don't want her to use me! What if she makes me do something to our family!?" I starting crying.

Nick ran over a put a hand over my mouth. "Shh it'll be ok Alina. I promise."

"Nick!!!! Are you here!?!" I heard the woman scream.

Nick looked behind him than back at me, biting his lip. He quickly kissed me on the forehead and ran out the door.

"I'm here!!" He shouted back to her.

Alec's POV

I sighed as I walked back to where Carol and Cameron were.

"I'm gonna check on Mia. You should both get something to eat, it's getting really late."

It was about 8 already. We were out looking for Alina for a while.

I walked into Mia's room and sat at the edge of her bed. She was paler than usual and breathing slowly. I touched her forehead.

"You're burning up...."

"I should've went after Maddie.... See if she went to wherever Alina is." I sighed.

"I really should get something to eat, shouldn't I?" I chuckled and gently kissed Mia's cheek. I stood up and walked out of her room.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Seth comforting Carol while Cameron got them a cup of blood.

"Thanks..." Carol mumbled as she took the cup sipped the blood.

"There, there Carol everything will be fine. Stop worrying so much." Seth hugged her.

I walked to the fridge and got a packet of blood. I ripped open the bag and poured it in a mug. Sipping the blood I walked over to Carol.

"Hey, are you ok?" I looked her in the eyes.

"I guess..." She had tears in her eyes but wouldn't let them fall. "I'm just- I feel like I failed Alina as her big sister. I can't even handle watching her...."

"Hey," Cameron held both her shoulders to make her look him in the eye. "stop worrying so much. Nothing good ever comes from worrying. Alina is going to be fine, ok?"

"Ok..." Carol smiled a bit. "Thanks guys."

"That's what we're here for sis." Cameron patted her on the back and sat on the couch.

"Nick hasn't come back yet?" I asked sitting on a couch by the window.

"Nope." Seth sighed.

"Have you tried calling him?" Cameron offered.

"Not yet, I was hoping he would come back."

"Maybe he's out searching for Alina. He might've heard what happened."

"I doubt it." Seth shook his head. "Even if he did, you would've seen him in the woods."

Carol gasped.

"What is it Carol?" Cameron was at her side in an instant.

"Oh...um...it's nothing." Carol waved it away.

"Carol." Seth gave her a look.

She sighed. "Alright, fine. When I was out searching I saw someone, but they wouldn't answer and kept running away. I lost them after a while though..."

"Why didn't you tell us this?!" Cameron stood up. "It could've helped us!"

"I didn't think it was anything important..." Carol looked down.

"I'm going to try calling Nick. You guys should try to get some sleep." Seth stood up taking his phone out.

"Ok, come on Carol."

"Alright." Carol followed Cameron upstairs.

I sighed. "Today was an eventful day...." I leaned back and looked out the window into the darkness.

Nick's POV

"Nick!!!! Are you here!?!" I heard her scream. What a pain she is. I quickly looked out the doorway to see if she was coming. I looked back at Alina, her eyes showed she was terrified but she was acting brave.

I bit my lip not wanting to be forced to say I was here while talking to Alina. I quickly went up to Alina and kissed her on the forehead, then ran out the door.

"I'm here!!!" I unwillingly shouted.

She appeared before me and held my chin, her nails piercing my skin. "I don't think I ordered you to come here, did I?"

"No Melissa, you didn't."

Melissa gasped. "What did I tell you about calling me by my name!" She slapped me.

"Sorry, ma'am." Why did Alec ever like this monster, my god she's horrible.

Melissa straightened her shirt and sighed. "Just- Wait, did you come to visit your sister!?"

"What makes you think that?" I smirked.

"Nick, tell me now." Her eyes started turning red as she stared into mine.

"I...wasn't...here." I fought her power. She just slapped me and pulled me by the ear to her office.

___________________________

A short chapter but it's not late

And sorry if this confuses you but Melissa is 'She' or the woman who hurt Alina. I thought it was sort of confusing to say 'She' 'Her' or 'The Woman' all the time so I gave her a name.

Thank you again for all your support on this book! I never would've made this far without you all! I didn't think I would make it this far though so thanks :3

Don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!

~Peace out~