Chapter 4: Confusion

I woke in a sweat and wanted to scream. Honestly I don't know why I didn't scream. Maybe it was because I was still so tired maybe it was because my throat hurt so bad. But no matter why, I kept completely quiet and still.

I looked around me after a minute of lying still. I was obviously in a man's bedroom.

I slowly sat up and looked down at myself. Thank god I was still in the clothes I wore over to Jeremy's yesterday.

I started to get out of the bed when the door opened and I froze. A man walked in and relief seem to wash over him when he saw I was awake.

"I'm glad your up." He said walking over to me. I moved back as he sat down on the bed next to me.

He looked at me and then asked, "Do you want some water?"

I didn't answer not sure what to say or even how to act. But as his eyes met mine I realized their was something familiar about them. He looked so familiar, like I'd met him before.

What's going on?

"I'm going to go get you some water." He said getting off the bed and moving to the door. Before he left he gave me one last smile and walked away, leaving me to think.

Confusion: C-O-N-F-U-S-I-O-N: confusion; noun/ lack of clearness or distinctness; perplexity; bewilderment

Confusion overwhelmed me and I felt my head start to spin like a top. I slowly laid back down and rested my head.

I closed my eyes and tried to sort out my thoughts. Tried to remember anything before this morning, anything about last night. After getting kicked out by Jeremy.

And I came up blank.