Chapter 15: Awkward

We all went inside after the multiple big wet hugs we "shared".

"If I die because it's cold and you guys got me wet, I'm never going to forgive you." I said heading up the stairs with Mike at my side.

"You wouldn't have to, you'd be dead." Chester called after us.

"Asshat." I muttered under my breath. Mike chuckled.

As we entered his room I headed for the bathroom to grab my only pair of clothes.

"We need to buy you some new clothes." Said Mike entering the bathroom and taking my clothes out of my hand.

"Hey, I was going to wear those." I said fallowing him as he walked over and put them in the dirty clothes basket.

"No your going to wait here while I get you something to borrow." He walked into his closest and came back with a pair of sweatpants and a plain black tee.

"Thanks." I said taking the clothes from him.  

"No problem."

"No, I mean thanks for everything. You took me in, made me part of your family. All you've don't for me has been amazing and I have done nothing in return." I said bowing my head and letting my hair fall into my face.

"That's not true." He said lifting up my chin. "You have given me a new way to look at things. Like when Chester flirts with you, I want to kill him for thinking of my daughter that way."

I couldn't help but giggle. It was kinda funny watching Chester try to flirt with me.

"And we were really starting to lose the spark in the band that we had in the beginning. It wasn't just about the music. It was about the fans and the fun and making people smile."

"But you've always been doing that." I said looking up into his eyes.

"Yeah, but I had been starting to think of it less and less." He said smiling down at me.

"Thank you Mike." I said giving him a hug.

"Of course Bea." He said then he pulled away and headed for the bathroom. "I'm going to take a quick shower then we can all watch a movie.

"Okay." I said as he closed the door and I was left alone.

I grabbed my outdated not hooked up phone and turned on my music. Burn It Down by none other than Linkin Park started playing.

I sang along with the lyrics as I pulled off the wet shorts and shirt Mike had given me.

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and then grabbed my small mirror and the little bit of makeup remover I had left.

I sat on the bed in just my bra and panties while wiping away my little bit of makeup off.

Then I pulled down my hair and ran a brush though it. I then French braided it down my back. I stood up just about to pull on the clothes Mike had given me when out walked Mike from the bathroom wrapped in only a towel and in walked Chester in only a pair of wet jeans.

Awkward: A-W-K-W-A-R-D: awkward; adjective/ normally something that causes you to become embarrassed or uncomfortable