Prelude

Sorry for the late update XD. Don't worry, I have the next chapter all ready to go. I am such a troll! BTW, I wanted to warn you readers...next chapter is going to have some very sensitive themes. I will explain more next chapter. If you have any concerns, PM me. I will warn you next chapter.

Other then that, just letting you know Mavis will be part of this arc but next she won't be there. Since I barely did Zervis week and all...

This chapter is a bit of a "Transition" Next you will need a box of tissuesXD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Is this the fashion of this era?" Zeref asked while peering through the glass window at the clothes on the stand. "It's so bland and without character..."

"What you used to wear was no better, you looked like someone who was mourning." Natsu piped.

Zeref glared at Natsu, "Technically speaking I was, thank you very much."

"If you really want a dress, we'll get you one. Just tell me what color."

"FOR THE LAST TIME, IT'S A ROBE! NOT A DRESS!"

"Makes no difference to me."

Zeref sweat-dropped.

"Guys, stop fighting." Lucy cut in, "I don't want to spend all day here, I have a novel to work on. I just recently hit the jack-pot of inspiration."

"You're a writer?" Zeref's eyes widened in interest.

Natsu huffed. Grabbing Zeref's wrist, he dragged his brother into

the nearest shop.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gray blinked awake. The sun rays were touching his face through the open window. Last night in his unstable mental state, he forgot to close the blinds.

Slowly, he heaved himself off the bed, his bare feet touched the cool wooden floor boards sending a chill through his spine. Today he was going to confront Zeref. Beads of sweat prickled his under arms. Taking in a deep breath, Gray pushed himself away from the comfort of his own bed. Tossing his clothes on as quickly as possible, Gray wondered what he was going to say. What would he tell the man that caused all of his problems? The problems like Deliora...Tartarous... Everything, everything in his life...all led back to Zeref. Zeref Dragneel, Natsu's older brother. Natsu, E.N.D, the demon he wanted so much to tear apart with his own hands. The demon his father wanted him to kill. The tattoo reappeared on Gray's arm. Polyursica's voice echoed in his head,

"You mustn't let your thoughts fall into darkness, or else you yourself will turn into a demon."

Gray shook his head, these thoughts had to go away. But he won't rest in peace, until he got an explanation. No, an explanation wouldn't be enough, it would never be enough.

A memory brought up Juvia's concerned face. "Juvia thinks that Gray-sama should talk to Zeref-san and Natsu-san. Zeref-san might understand."

For Ur, for his mother, for his father, he will talk to Zeref.

Gray yanked open his front door. It was time to head to the guild.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zeref studied his reflection in the mirror. He didn't look like himself. He didn't feel like himself. And he hated it.

"What do you think..." Lucy asked wearily, for it was the fifth store and the 60th outfit, still counting.

"I'm hungry...can we go eat Lucy." Natsu begged from the couch.